Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Do you need a make up trial?

I've decided to get my makeup done for the wedding. I'm not very good at putting it on myself and I know I will be to nervous/stressed to do my own.  I don't know if I can afford getting a trial and the day of makeup.  Do I have to have a trial?  Would it be a mistake to just work with them on a day of and figure something out?

TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you need a make up trial?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_need-up-trial?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:1e97e167-0ec7-4af7-9980-428944973d9aPost:a8cde0cd-3c0b-4e3f-af48-eeba18d80790">Re: Do you need a make up trial?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also -- you could always go to Ulta/Sephora and have them do your makeup for free the way you want it, go home take some pictures... and then bring those pictures of yourself with you to your MUA on the day of your wedding.
    Posted by JoyMatt424[/QUOTE]

The trial itself may be free, but the Sephora where I am requires you to buy $50 worth of product which would then be used on you for the trial and the day of the wedding.

My sister/MOH did my make-up. I didn't really have the extra money to spend nor was I too keen on someone I didn't know playing around with my face.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_need-up-trial?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:1e97e167-0ec7-4af7-9980-428944973d9aPost:3b4cadd0-478b-4939-807f-be40111c9b3b">Re: Do you need a make up trial?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you need a make up trial? : The trial itself may be free, but the Sephora where I am requires you to buy $50 worth of product which would then be used on you for the trial and the day of the wedding. My sister/MOH did my make-up. I didn't really have the extra money to spend nor was I too keen on someone I didn't know playing around with my face.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? I know Ulta doesn't require that. That is expensive.
  • I always recommend a trial.  I was very unhappy with the trial I had with the first MUA I chose and if that had happened on my wedding day, I would have been devastated.  You're going to be pressed for time on your wedding day as it is and aren't going to have a ton of time to try different things if the first thing doesn't work.  The whole purpose of having a trial is to avoid that stress on your wedding day.

• Thanks ladies, the day of makeup is $80 and the trial is $40 plus tips in there but I guess it better to try her out and work out the details before the day.  I'll just cut the money from something I don't need.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES you need a trial.  Do not wing it the day of and assume you will like it. Trust me!
  • I'm going against the majority here and not doing a trial.  MUAs-- day of and trial-- are expensive here in Miami, so I'm not going to pay for a trial.  The MUA has received very good recommendations and I've seen a lot of her work, so I am confident it will all work out.  Best of luck to you!! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards