September 2012 Weddings
Options

Show me your...

Reception venue! :) 

Our venue is the Union building on the University of Michigan Campus. Here is the ballroom: We'll be doing gold chivari chairs, navy tablecloths and white flowers. 

Here is the outside: 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Show me your...

• Options

all out doors
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • Options
    ours will be in the ballroom at the hyatt regency woodfield:

our room will only be about half of that, but it looks so earthy/simple and clean, and goes with our colors so well :)
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    We will have indoor reception but hopefully weather permitting outdoor cocktail hour ... 

64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours is on Michigan Avenue with a view of the lake.  It is decorated like a boutique hotel, but is a private dining space.
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • Options

The Balcony is my room and it goes over and up into the Turret, my suite might be my favorite part :)

We are in the larger ballroom which is the area with all the windows to the left of the turret. Cocktail hour is on the lawn (you cant see but theres a patio, outdoor bar and fire pit. Here's a (kinda crappy) picture of the room the reception is in:

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ours is at the Hotel Baker, an art deco hotel from the 1920's which sits on a river in downtown St. Charles. It's so vintage and so us! The movie, Munger Road, was recently filmed there. 

We will be right off of the river.

If the weather is good, we'll have cocktail hour on the Waterfront Patio.
  • Options
    Ours is at a country club in my hometown:

We're having cocktails on a terrace that overlooks the golf course:

And then the dinner and dancing will be in the main ballroom:

Can't wait!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're using a greenhouse/garden center.  I really wanted an atrium type feeling, and this was a really affordable and lovely option for us.  After looking for these photos, I'm so stoked and I'm sure we picked the right spot :0)

Here's a link to another photographer who has done multiple shoots at the greenhouse :0)

http://www.erinwernerphotography.com/tag/goldner-walsh-nursery/ 

Aries, I love the Union.  Lots of memories there :0)
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're getting married in our backyard. I am out of town so I cant take a picture right now of the area. I look out my bedroom every morning down at the spot where the ceremony will be and smile.
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugg it looks fugly online, but with dimmed lights, uplighting and the right linen I'm hoping to make it look like more than a catering hall. I'm sort of regereting our choice (based on estethics alone) but the banquet manager and food is so amazing. There really aren't a lot of "creative" options in my area other than hotels/catering halls, I would love to have a historic or alternative type space but they don't really exist in my price point.

• Options

Wow!!! Amazing venues!
    We're getting married at an outdoor chapel on a lake in the northern part of town and our reception will be at the One Six Sky Lounge here in Vegas.

Ceremony

Reception Inside

Reception Terrace

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    This is our ceremony venue. It's a lovely old church!

Three different pics, the first pic is with lots of natural light, the second is with the chandeliers and DJ lighting, and the last one is it bare with no extra lighting during the day. We'll be using some sort of black linen with gold chiviari chairs and ivory pads. This place is budget friendly (seriously!) and is a banquet room attached to a really nice restaurant.

• Options
    edited January 2012
     wowzers!! there are GORGEOUS venues!!!

This is National Art Gallery:

My FI proposed under the big spider outside the gallery lol

This is the water court foyer; there is a pool of water above which lets light shine through and it reflects on the tiles below.

(i have some pics on my comp at work, so I'll add them later)

This is the space above the foyer; the pool of water above the room.

We also have another space rented but I can't seem to find any good pics of it; it's more or less just the cocktail/mingling area.

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Love seeing all the venues!

We are getting married at The Waterview:

Anniversary
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Estate on Coffee Creek

• Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We're doing a DW so the whole thing is all at one resort.
    Here's the resort:

Rehearsal dinner location and likely cocktail location (the area behind where the photographer stands it opens into the boat house, which is windows all around):

An example of a wedding at our ceremony location:

Our reception location:
  • Options
    We are getting married at the Elkridge Furnace Inn, which is primarily a restaurant but also does weddings. They have a tent for larger weddings but since we're having less than 30 people we're using the 18th century main house. There are three connecting rooms which will be for food, mingling, and then dining. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We are getting married at a private golf club. I'd post a picture of where the cocktail hour would be but they don't have a great photo online.  

Dining area:
    [img]  http://tinyurl.com/6oytt8j   [/img]

ETA: Well apparently I'm using the wrong code... does anyone know what code I should use to put at PIP?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:73e3d54d-15f4-46f0-a33c-f2d0c99a63b3Post:5535eedf-a7f7-41fa-98d5-1e091ab15f0a">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA: Well apparently I'm using the wrong code... does anyone know what code I should use to put at PIP?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>You have to save the photos to your computer and then upload them. It is annoying but it is the only way I have seen it work. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Okay lets try this again...

Dining area:
  • Options
    The ceremony will be in the church I grew up in:

And the reception is at at country club near our house.  It doesn't have a country club feel, it makes me feel more like I'm in Northern Maine looking out the front door of my grandfather's farm house.  I love it, the pictures dont' do it justice.

Because of the room we chose our cocktail hour will have access to the balconies that you can see in the upper portion of this photo.  The reception room also has a whole wall of windows with more balconies.  The sweetheart table will look something like this:

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    We are getting married at an old mill along the Delaware River. Weather permitting the ceremony and cocktail hour will be along the river.

The dinner will be on the main floor of the mill.

Dancing will be downstairs in the old stone mill room. It is really cool because all the mill equipment is there and you can actually look down the floor to see the water rushing through that used to power the mill!

• Options
    courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Our ceremony and reception are both held at a country club. The ceremony area is outdoors in this tented area. The great thing is that if it rains, the have sides on the tent so we can technically still hold it outdoors.

The ballroom has nice high ceilings and a nice view with balcony that overlooks the golf course.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Photo

outdoor ceremony

reception hall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards