Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW: DIY Boudoir Pics ( and a humorous disaster)

So...FI and I went to beautiful Erie, PA this weekend so that he could take the exam for the PA State Police (fingers crossed!).  Since he'd be gone all morning and my new tripod had just arrived, I thought it'd be a great time to do some practice for the DIY boudoir pics I was planning on taking for his surprise wedding present.  Waaay better to do them in a fairly nice hotel room than in my cramped, messy bedroom.  :)

I'm going to take more later, just to have lots of options to choose from, but I'm already so happy with what I got.  I don't know anything about photography, so obviously they aren't anywhere near professional-looking, but they're so much better than what I was expecting.  Yay!  I'm going to attach a couple below - I don't think they're TOO racy, but if there are any objections, of course I'll take them down (and probably will at the end of today, anyway).

I did run into one small snag: as a part of the ongoing saga in which my life appears to be someone's romantic comedy film, FI came home early.  I had about 8 clothing changes laid out on the bed, a tripod in the middle of the room, and a bit of lacy nothing and a pair of tall boots on.  And I hear the key in the lock.  So I'm running around the room frantically, stuffing the clothing under the bed, realizing that I didn't bring a robe so I have no way to cover myself, and meanwhile FI's going "Baby?  You put the chain on the door.  Can you let me in?"  And I'm all..."Hang on!  One minute!"  *Scramble scramble scramble.* 

I finally realized that there was only one way I could go with this.  I got the chain off, flew across the room, and was posed attractively when he walked in the door.  As his eyes goggled, I surreptitiously shoved the tripod under the bed with my booted toe.  And then I'm all casually "Oh, baby.  You're home early!  I didn't quite have your surprise ready.  This is...um...I wore this for you.  Because...um...I know you did so well on your test!  Sigh.  Well, at least I know now that he likes the lingerie choice.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW: DIY Boudoir Pics ( and a humorous disaster)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahahhahahha I can't stop laughing because I feel like I would totally run into type of situation. Way to pull it off, though! and yay for DIY coming out well [: 

When will he know the results of his exam?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha! Ha! That would totally happen to me too, only I'd probably manage to knock myself out with the tripod or something and FI would find me laying on the floor. Your pics turned out nice- definitely hot, but not tasteless (and I mean that in the nicest one lady to another lady way, not pervy).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I really am loling in my office over that one :)  Good story.  And sexy pictures, you look amazing!  I'm sure he is going to love them...and also laugh if you tell him the full story of this weekend after he receives his gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHA!!! love it!! LOL
    FYI- pix look great!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol!!! That would totally happen to me!! Nice pics :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!! I'm at work and laughing at this.  This is such a great story - it will be great to share with your FI after you give him the pictures. :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good cover up!!

The pictures look great!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol that would so happen to me, but know me I'd trip and hit my head on something and THEN try and explain my way out of it. lol
      You photos look awesome, nice job.
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally cracking up about the mishap... that is definitely a situation I would get myself into!

And, the pics look great!  I would not have guessed you did them yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The pictures look great!
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, guys.  It's good to know that everyone seems to be just as spazzy/clumsy/problem-prone as I am.  :)   And it'll be a great story for him once he's opened his gift.

milsey - we're expecting the results within 3 weeks - but then there's still the orals, of course...  He'll be taking the foreign service exam in about 3 weeks as well.  Busy, busy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards