Colorado-Denver

Wash Park Boathouse

I am looking at having my wedding/reception at the Wash Park boathouse, has any one been there, or to a wedding there?

Re: Wash Park Boathouse

• edited December 2011
    We live nearby Wash Park. The boat house is a nice location, especially in warm weather. There are flowers everywhere and the lake is great. It is also great on the budget because the rental is pretty cheap. Now, my words of caution: While the actual venue rental is inexpensive, and you get the option to bring in your own caterer and alcohol (also a plus), you will have to rent chairs, tables, plates, silverware, etc. Those things can add up, so just make sure you factor in all the things you'll need to rent when you're figuring out your budget. Also, it is a fairly plain space. While the views of the lake and gardens are great, the boathouse itself is very simple and will need a decent amount of decoration, depending on the feel you're looking for. That could be an easy fix by having family members help to decorate, or you could hire a DOC and ask them to help with that part of it.

Either way, I think it's a great option for you to consider, but wanted you to be aware of those additional details that people sometimes don't think about.
  • GabbygabGabbygab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is closed for renovation this year. I had the same idea :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_wash-park-boathouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:e9f7ffed-7981-48f9-a857-19b736b78603Post:29e84b45-e42c-4e99-9d82-d5dcdc1b64a3">Re: Wash Park Boathouse</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is closed for renovation this year. I had the same idea :)
    Posted by Gabbygab[/QUOTE]

Me, too.
    :(

We're having our ceremony in the Mt Vernon Garden in Wash Park (near the croquet club, on Grasmere Lake).  Working with the City for our permit has been, ah, challenging.
  • GabbygabGabbygab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that working with the city can be a challenge - ours will be at Chautauqua in Boulder where he proposed :-) So far so good!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, Chautauqua will be beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! We were looking for 2012 so the closing wouldn't be a problem. I am leaning a different way now though! Any one know of any awesome places for a reception near red rocks?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards