Massachusetts-Boston

Villa at Ridder CC Brides

I posted a few weeks ago looking for Reh. Dinner recommendations in the area and I can't seem to find anyplace I like.

We really want a private room with a private bar but we are having a tough time finding a place we like within 20 mins of the villa.

I was just wondering what you ladies are doing about a reh. dinner location?

TIA

Married September 25,2010
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Vendor Reviews

Re: Villa at Ridder CC Brides

• shelle46shelle46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we've had a lot of difficulty with this too and almost ended up picking a place in our home town which is like 40 minutes from the villa.  We ended up going with porticellos in Easton.  Its nothing fancy from the outside, but it has delicious food.  There is a private room, but I don't think a private bar.  I heard a commercial on the radio for a place right at Ridder called Cameron's on the Green.  I don't know anything about it though.  We did look at the TJ Smith Victorian House which is in East Bridgewater, but we weren't so impressed with the food etc.  Another one we checked in to was the Mocking Bird, but there is not really a private room and it is somewhat casual, so it depends on what you would be looking for. Great martinis though! haha  Sorry to not be of much help - but I feel your pain on that there is nothing around there except the beautiful villa!
  • SweetPea1126SweetPea1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're having ours at Peppercornz on Rt 18 in Weymouth.  It's nothing fancy, but the food is fantastic! We will have one of the rooms to ourselves and the waiter/waitress will get the drinks since the bar is in another area.  I just love the atmosphere of the rooms at Peppercornz, there are quotes on the walls and just a cozy feel (atleast in my opinion). Good luck!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Ooo I never heard of peppercornz in all my google searches! lol
    It looks nice on the website.. I will def have to check it out! Thanks for the info!

This is so frustrating! LOL it also doesn't help my future in-laws will only pay by credit card so it has to be somewhere that will take credit for final payment :(
    Vendor Reviews
  • Mystic619Mystic619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Bella's in Rockland?  Or the Abington Ale House? 
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Bellas too.  My brother had is RD there.  They have a private room , but I can't remember if it has a private bar.
  • SweetPea1126SweetPea1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peppercornz was recently on the phantom gourmet! If you do check it out, I HIGHLY recommend the gnocchi! :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    We checked out the abington ale house and it is on our list of maybes but their online reviews are not great.
    Bella's appears to be a little small.... but we may check it out too.

Thanks for all the Recs ladies!
    Vendor Reviews
  • Mystic619Mystic619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a function at Ecco Trattoria but it is on Rt 18 in Weymouth and the food is great.  Also, Mia Regazza is about 5-10 mins from Ridder CC and does functions.  Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love TJ Smith's stuffed chicken, and the venue is really nice. There's another place near  I must suggest that if you're going to be on Route 18 you go to Peaceful Meadows in Whitman for an ice cream! (Before, after...both.) I survived on that stuff in college, no joke.
    In Halifax there used to be a place called Cataldi's that has private rooms and good food. I'm not sure if they're still open or not though.
    Good luck!
    I marry my best friend in... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • e77leigh5e77leigh5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Vin and Eddies in Abington also Check out 
    .. Also Mia Regazza on 18 is  excellent.  There is Camerons on the green that is right next to The VIlla if you dont' want to drive anywhere
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards