Moms and Maids
Options

Bachelorette Party

Hello again ladies! 

I am putting together the invitations for a Bachelorette party, I am the MOH in the wedding, I need some advice on some wording.  Part of the festivities are a pole dancing class and a hotel suite, I'm wondering the proper or best wording to use to indicate that the cost of these events will be split among those who participate.  I'm planning on including an itinerary for the day as an insert with the actual invite.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for all your help!!

Re: Bachelorette Party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just say something along the lines of "the class and hotel will come to about XX per person, depending on how many girls come along."

Edit to add: I disagree with Katelyn.  I think bach parties are the exception.  I have never gone on a bachelorette party thinking that I won't have to pay, and I know FI assumes he's paying when he goes on a bachelor party.
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to what HLQ said.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    tesskerrtesskerr member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always paid for myself when I have gone to a bach party, though I have never received an official invite on paper, so I'm not sure if there is proper etiquette with that. 

I usually just get a txt from the girl organising the party with the details, something like "Hi Tess, I am organising xxxx hen's night, would love you to come! We are having pole dancing lessons at 6pm at xxx, which is $10 each, followed by pink cocktails at xxx at 8pm, so wear something pink! RSVP by xxxx, thanks xxx!" or "Hi Tess, I am organising xxx bach party, we are starting at xxx for pole dancing lessons, which are $10 pp then at 8pm meeting at xxx bar for drinks, hope you can make it!"

I have also been to some where it was belly dancing lessons, which we were all happy to pay for, wine tour, which we all paid for, but had lunch platters supplied at one of the wineries by the brides mother, a surprise party that we organised for a work mate at a cocktail bar, in a private room, that we got everyone to pay $20 and got a special deal on food platters and a cocktail each.
    I'm not sure if there is a difference in hosting or organising. I live in New Zealand, and the parties are usually organised, but not necessarily fully hosted, by someone else, if that make sense!

Probably not really any help, but I would probably have the invitation state "You have been invited to xxx, at xxx, start time xxx" and then on the itinerary have "6pm nibbles and drinks at xxx, 8pm pole dancing at xxx which is $10 pp, 10pm cocktails at xxx" I know none of my friends would be offended by that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would mention the cost, let people know the amounts that it would cost, it lets the guests know what amount of money they will be spending, and also helps prevent you from getting stuck with the cost. 

That being said I would make sure you are comfortable with the cost of the hotel suit covering your self.  I hosted a Bachorlett party in a hotel suit and we didn't specify the cost, and figured because we would offer to cover some of the cost if someone else were hosting.  That wasn't the case me and my freind were stuck with the bill but we had each budgeted to have to cover the cost of the entire suit so we were fine.
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards