Snarky Brides

AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

• Okay. I just popped over to E and that thread of Lynda's is nothing like I thought it was going to be. She used to be really active, so if she's only posting a few times per day now, then she probably is MIA to a certain extent. I didn't see it as AWish. It was just a conversation starter similar to about a zillion others that I've seen.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:63e2fdb3-0514-4b32-8713-4e2963534f85">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I hate the justifying, standing up for, etc. It makes it way less enticing to flame something when you know 17 people will then say "oh but I like that pe rson." Ok, great, save it for a love fest.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Ah. Okay. And yep. I agree.
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:afdcda2f-64d1-4c7c-ad53-13e8c4c277d5">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay. I just popped over to E and that thread of Lynda's is nothing like I thought it was going to be. <strong>She used to be really active, so if she's only posting a few times per day now, then she probably is MIA to a certain extent.</strong> I didn't see it as AWish. It was just a conversation starter similar to about a zillion others that I've seen.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I didn't really think about that.  My apologies, I will retract my flame/annoyance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:00f105ac-bb71-4526-813f-02f8eda19369">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Nope just a regular old sober uncle. He lost a few fingers in a welding accident once. But the tree will be strapped to his back so it shouldn't be a problem.  When I was little he used to tell me his dog ate his fingers.  Hmmmm. On second thought maybe he is a drunkle.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Ha! That's so funny. That's one of those things that only an uncle would say.
  • edited December 2011
    Eagles was being a wench the other day.  People are mocking it, big effing deal.  Seriously, I don't get the obsession with defending her and LDY.  And, really, stacks?! I didn't see you for one to join the gang either.  ffs.

I'll ditto J that this AYG is lame. I have an appt to run to, so I'll be on my phone, but I have a few. ;)

Nebb and Blue for yesterday. It was fucking lame.  Chels didn't even do anything wrong. (OH NO. Can I flame them even though we're in the same gang?! does that mean it's ok for Eagles to be an insufferable wench?)

Nates was a jerk the other day too in the recap thread when she pointed out how she laughed that B made fun of Nebb.  Really? You remember the specific day that it happened, because you thought it was THAT funny that B was a jerk to Nebb about a sensitive topic?

I'll ditto the Edie stuff too.  Just calm down.  I don't know what else to say, because I feel like it's just going to come across as me flaming you for being too nice.  And that's a little ridiculous. ;)
  • I'm glad you showed up, Steph.  I was about to flame your ass for not being here.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:91e9dbcd-319c-47ea-9f4e-063cc718ba35">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I didn't really think about that.  My apologies, I will retract my flame/annoyance.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Argh. Quit being so damn sweet. You make me feel bad for flaming your flame. :)
  • I had a meeting all morning!

I have another one. CCF.  It's not the first time you've been called on sharing entirely too much personal information on here. But ffs it's someone's kid. And HE'S NOT YOUR CHILD.  You don't have a 'custody arrangement' with your bf's baby's mama.  He might have one with her, but you don't.

And dude. Seriously.  In between the complaining about not having money (again), you're talking about getting your fake nails redone? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:b0f61c63-8c7d-4364-aa8a-b3f7acf6c927">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Argh. Quit being so damn sweet. You make me feel bad for flaming your flame. :)
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Lol don't worry about it.

On that note, I am outta here!  Off to spend the rest of my day with FI :)  Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • I think DJ's right.  Maybe my issue is that it just comes across... insincere? Like you're trying too hard. (Which is an incredibly lame explanation, I realize.)  I dunno. I think you mean well, but it's just all the time.  It seems like you respond to and question every single post on here.

Does that even make sense?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:b64a4e3d-b769-4255-9bdd-2a30ef745abc">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think DJ's right.  Maybe my issue is that it just comes across... insincere? Like you're trying too hard. (Which is an incredibly lame explanation, I realize.)  I dunno. I think you mean well, but it's just all the time.  It seems like you respond to and question every single post on here. Does that even make sense?
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I noticed.

Also, certain sig pics are going to bother one person and not another until the end of time. They are the main thing one sees when reading a thread. If people disagree with Cew's opinion of Koda's pic than fine but I doubt Koda needs or wants people to rush to hug her over it. By the same token Koda, if you weren't trying to be all "fun crazy look at me before" than it sure as heck seems so now with the rush to sig quote a benign flame.
  • Oh, and the "gang" thread was clearly a mockery of the perception people have of Nebb, Steph and Blue being a gang. Sure, the gang thread probably just solidified that prior perception for people who held it, but that was partially the point. At least I thought that and I was in the thread. The thread felt like, "well if we're going to be dubbed a gang let's at least be outrageous doing it and entertain ourselves while we're at it."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:4c858221-5258-4ed7-9edb-004d08f2f880">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Ha! I was the floating head. I was also told that my H looked like a child molester.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yep.  I had just started lurking on P&E when that happened.  Those girls used to scare the crap outta me.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:de1cb871-d702-4969-bd88-087bf8062f84">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Oh sorry. I was trying to show that I take it all in good humor.  I guess I should have just said that instead.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

The point is, if some one is going to call you out as being "look at me" it only adds fuel to the fire to make a bigger deal of it yourself with a sig quote. If it was in good humor, great, but it wasn't like Cew's flame was a big deal anyway which leads me back to my original point about sigs.
  • I'm not going to argue with anyone who said I went too far yesterday, maybe I did maybe I didn't but I already said my piece there so I'm not concerned with rehashing it. That said, its completely different than eagles and the xmas eve thread. Her "youre a loser drinking on her own" bs was total nonsense, to the lamest degree. She's a twat as far as I'm concerned. Oh and steph? I'm kicking you outta the gang! How DARE you flame me!!!
  • Let me clarify a few things.  First of all, noone had an issue with LDY in the recap thread, noone had an issue with LDY in any other subsequent thread, and noone has an issue with LDY now.  We were talking about the last years threads, about many people (and c'mon, people were going off about Jasmods flip out WAY worse than the one mention of LDY).

The issue was when Eagles popped in all douchey with her stupid comments about how "This is how its done over on SB"  and "I dont think you all shiit ice cream like everyone else does around here".  She was clearly trying to make something out of nothing and didnt like when NUMEROUS people pointed it out to her.  So I dont get this whole idea that the douchey things she said first are ok, but us making fun of it after are not? 

Eagles was doing nothing but puffing out her tough guy peacock chest trying to win some bonus points with whomever it is she wants to impress and it backfired.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • And not for nothing, I didnt say shiit to Chels yesterday in that thread.  All I pointed out was that she was going to take up a lot of space in AYG today (which she did).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah the drinking on your own comment made me annoyed when I read it later. When I was first on the knot I didn't have any friends that lived near me and my husband worked nights. I sure as hell KUI'd plenty of evenings and never thought of it as "drinking alone." Heck, I still relax on here with a glass of wine. I guess people have judged me all these years, silently.
  • The stupid thing was I wasn't even drinking alone, she was just making douche bag assumtions to try and act cool.
  • Drinking alone is cool. Especially when you get yourself pregnant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:ad66138b-8ced-4d78-a336-ed7fd5d9b506">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drinking alone is cool. Especially when you get yourself pregnant.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

OH! So this reminds me of something that went down in our office that I think you would find funny. So do you know what a turducken is? <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken</a>

Yeah so my gay boss asked my single coworker to have his baby. (Total joke, you have to get our sense of humor here and I am sure you do) and we have decided to call it "The Turduckening" when she is impregnated via baster. It was the kind of thing that I feel like only you would appreciate third hand <3
  • I fully admit that I didn't really read the Eagles thread, but commenting on someone drinking alone is wack as hell no matter what the insinuation of it is.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• The other thing with Eagles is that she just bounced in spewing her shiit, and then when confronted about being a douche, she just peaced out. 

She did that in both the recap thread and then the gang thread.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:88b5da55-3c2c-429d-9715-83b0417bec9a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : OH! So this reminds me of something that went down in our office that I think you would find funny. So do you know what a turducken is? <a rel="nofollow" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken</a> Yeah so my gay boss asked my single coworker to have his baby. (Total joke, you have to get our sense of humor here and I am sure you do) and we have decided to call it <strong>"The Turduckening"</strong> when she is impregnated via baster. It was the kind of thing that I feel like only you would appreciate third hand <3
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

That is the best movie title ever.  Someone needs to make a movie titled The Turduckening. 

BETTER YET.  Someone needs to make a spoof movie of The Happening titled The Turduckening.

"In a world long of long held views of fowl-apartheid, lines are blurred and poultry merged. And NOBODY KNOWS WHY." 

*Announcer voice* ....The Turduckening.  Coming Thanksgiving 2014.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:09910c3b-7638-45f7-a886-4e2f586da5fa">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : That is the best movie title ever.  Someone needs to make a movie titled The Turduckening.  <strong>BETTER YET.  Someone needs to make a spoof movie of The Happening titled The Turduckening.</strong>
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm so glad I'm alone in the office so no one heard my jackass cackling.
    panther
  • Turduckening is an awesome name. Can you call it Turd for short?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:4099d7db-5869-46ca-985f-b6fba0605890">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Haha, I'm so glad I'm alone in the office so no one heard my jackass cackling.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

And I am so glad my co-workers are here so they can appreciate this with me :) Thanks God it is always just the three of us. I am sure people would think we were absolute sickos.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:152ab6be-90ac-48d4-ae09-d456365f637d">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Turduckening is an awesome name. Can you call it Turd for short?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Turd Ferguson is the main character!

You buzzed in
    No I didn't.
    Yes you did!
    Yeah, well, that's your opinion.
  • Can I also just point out that Eagles shouldn't even be posting, since she's, you know, a vendor. I don't giveashit if people post when they work in the wedding industry, but posters have been banned for far less.
  • Holy shiit guys. We were just driving up to the mall and there was something going on in the parking lot so we stopped, a woman od'd from heroin (we heard later) and her boyfriend was trying to revive her. I some how ended up taking care of a womans kid who was trying to help revive her before paramedics arrived. Holy shiit!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards