Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rehearsal dinner?

I am wondering if having a rehearsal dinner is mandatory? I feel like we are spending so much on the actual wedding and reception. Rehearsal dinner just seems like an added expense that I don't nessesarily need!

Re: Rehearsal dinner?

• I think that they're a nice guesture to your friends and family who are going to be a part of your day.  It doesn't have to be fancy - pizza and beer in a park would suffice if the weather was nice. 
  • SamanthaL17SamanthaL17 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Thank you, I was thinking of something like that but wanted to be sure that was ok. Weddings are expensive and I can't afford two sit down dinners.
  • We are just having a taco dinner. MY FMIL has a really nummy taco recipe for the crock-pot. That way after the rehearsal, we can just go back to her place and eat up. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're keeping it cheap, too. We live in a condo highrise and are able to rent our community room for free. We're going to cater in Green Mill (we had our very first date there). It will be really informal. I agree, it's a really good gesture for those who are participating in your wedding. We're also going to use it as an opportunity to give our attendant gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards