Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invitation wording for two ceremonies

I thought I would give this a try. I am working on wording for my wedding invitations and I have come to a screeching halt. My fiance and I are doing a destination wedding with many events and two wedding ceremonies. On Saturday morning we are having a Sikh ceremony followed by a traditional Sikh brunch, and on Saturday late afternoon we are having a Christian ceremony followed by a reception back at the hotel. Does anyone have any ideas of how to put all of this together?!

Thanks!

Re: Invitation wording for two ceremonies

• Options
    You might want to check the South Asian Weddings board (on the right sidebar, click the arrow next to Cultural Wedding Boards and the link is there).  There might be people in similar situations over there that will have examples to show you!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Are all the same people invited to both events, or will some be at one and not the other/vice versa? 
  • Options
    Assuming everyone is invited to everything, I would have the Invitation invite people to the "Marriage" of you and your FI, and list only the date and resort.  Then, I'd include inserts for each "event". 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    What Squirrly said.

Something akin to:

Please join us in celebrating the marriage of

Bride

and

Groom

on Saturday the ninth of September,

two thousand ten

Maui Hilton Hotel

Then on a separate card list:

Sikh ceremony - Palm Garden, 10 o'clock in the morning
    Brunch reception - Journeys Restaurant, immediately following

Christian ceremony - Ocean Chapel, 6 o'clock in the evening
    Dinner reception - Wayfarer's Restaurant, immediately following
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    wow! thanks so much everyone! this really helps. I am going to check out the site and play the idea of seperate inserts for each event. Thanks again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards