Nevada-Las Vegas

Proud to be British today!

Anyone else watching the wedding??
Sadly I'm watching from home, didnt fancy braving the 10-15 strong crowds!
Might make it along to a street party later!
How are you all in the US celebrating the Royal wedding?

Re: Proud to be British today!

• edited December 2011
    I am watching at work.. Hopefully I dont get in trouble!
  • edited December 2011
    Thoughts on the dress?? I love it, and her sisters is stunning too!
  • edited December 2011

I loved her dress! I personally wouldn't like the longs sleeves, lace, but she looked stunning! I was more in love with her sisters dress! So gorgeous!

• edited December 2011
    Its on most channels here (in Australia) so don't really have much choice in viewing! Except one station is showing the footy! lol can't stop the footy down here.

The dress was nice....I didn't really like the bottom much but at least she didn't have a 30m train!

The BM dress was lovely except I am not sure I would have picked that colour!
  • edited December 2011
    I know, white?!
    Would make a stunning evening gown though.
    Yeah I wouldnt personally wear Kate's dress myself but suppose there are limitations on what you can wear as future queen!
  • edited December 2011
    Very simple and elegant.. I figured there were limitations on her dress... I like her train better than Diana's!  My dress will have a very short train.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, its much nicer.
    My train is very short too, I suppose you need a big one in Westminster Abbey though!
  • edited December 2011
    Sitting glued to the telly in Glasgow.....trying to pull myself away so I can go enjoy the sunshine but I want to see them come out of the palace!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know! I wasnt going to watch it but I can't tear myself away from the TV!
  • edited December 2011
    Also been glued to the telly here in Belfast for the last 4 hours! Loving it! I know it's gorgeous outside but it's not every day there's a Royal Wedding!! Dress is gorgeous but didn't like the veil, you couldn't see her beautiful hair! Hopefully she will take it off for the kiss on the balcony!!
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Been up since 2:30am my time in California, and it's been worth it.  In love with her dress.  Anyone else think Pippa looked gorgeous too?!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes Pippa's dress was beautiful. I don't think there was anything wrong with her wearing white, she was hardly going to outshine the bride was she!!?!
  • edited December 2011
    I think Kate  is stunningly gorgeous in that dress. I have it DVRd and I can't wait to watch it with a glass of wine tonight.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, Pippa looked absolutely stunning, that dress was amazing! How long before replicas are in the shops?! I want one!
  • edited December 2011
    Didnt get up to watch it but I saw pics and a video on usmagazine.com. She think she looked beauitful, Shes a very pretty woman to begin with. AS pp, Im sure their were limitations to that dress. And Pippa looked beauitful in her gown as well...very J.Crew to me.
  • davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Been up watching since 530am with my British fiance :).  I think they all look great!  I was thinking she would go a little more sleek with the dress but not surprised it turned out to be more traditional.  It was definately a princess gown...very beautiful. :)  Her sister looked beautiful in her gown but not sure why they chose white for her as well..hmm.

Loved the trees in Westminster Abby!  They look so happy and smiley (as usual, the Queen on the other hand not so much......).  The kisses were sweet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the trees too!  I want Mr. Bean to come to my wedding.  I am just so happy for them. My favorite line from the ceremony: EVERY wedding is a royal wedding.
  • edited December 2011

Awww mine too :-)
    I love a good wedding!

• edited December 2011
    I watched the BBC live streaming, I had missed the ceremony and caught up a bit later... I didn't particularly like her gown and after seeing her sister's I definitely liked her gorgeous dress way better than Kate's! Wow! I bawled my eyes out watching it (what else is new) and thought the whole thing was spellbinding! I'm in such a wedding mood right now... if I had my gown I'd put it on!!!
    And let me brag about something ladies... my train is longer then hers HAHAHAHA!!
    'K, done bragging now.

Tongue out
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the dress. I thought Catherine looked like complete perfection, as do most brides on their wedding day!
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's so exciting:)

I actually like her reception dress much more than the ceremony dress!  Both were beautiful of course though!  It helps that it reminds me of my dress too:)

• edited December 2011

Was up at 4:50 and watched!  Enjoyed and also DVR'd for the parts I missed.  Liked her dress but was terribly surprised at the dress!

• mu55inmu55in member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am British and yesterday was such an amazing day...I absolutely adore Pippa's dress I want something just like that for my wedding.....just need to find it!
  • edited December 2011

i was definatley proud to be british yesterday,i thought she was stunning!my sil had a garden party and everyone had to come dressed in red white and blue we had the best day ever!i defo cant wait for my wedding now just another 4 months to wait lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards