Snarky Brides

Oy! Anyone around?

Re: Oy! Anyone around?

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Have you guys seen little children? Its basically just naked kate winslet having hot sex for most of the movie lol I love her naked phase.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:c6578725-100a-47e1-bc96-07196a23de41">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I watched The Holiday for Kate Winslet. I loved her in that movie.</strong> Whisky is chowing down on some food in front of me. I really need to pee but I know that if I move it will distract him and he'll stop eating, and might not go back to it. Gah.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I love her too, especially with her and the old man.So sweet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited June 2012
    Is that the one with the perv guy, and her having sex with a guy in the attic? I think I saw it and wondered WTF I was watching the entire time.
  • I love anything Kate Winslet. She's been my favorite since Heavenly Creatures.

The biggest issues I am having with jewelry is that I can find earrings I love and necklaces I love, but not any that go together and work with my dress. I am insanely picky about jewelry. 

Should I threadjack or start a new thread? There will be a lot of pictures. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:fbc18dc3-7cc5-445c-acf0-3fc8a145cd78">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oy! Anyone around? : You're silly! You know you wouldnt want another husband, maybe he'll let you do a "vowel" renewel?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>I asked and he said a 20 year would be the earliest.</div><div>
    </div><div>BAH!  I'll just have to keep hosting holiday parties to get my cake fill.  A VILLIAGE OF CAKE!  I still can't get over that.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:1c0d2b77-f782-4889-901c-33ffcd1e5208">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I love anything Kate Winslet. She's been my favorite since Heavenly Creatures.</strong> The biggest issues I am having with jewelry is that I can find earrings I love and necklaces I love, but not any that go together and work with my dress. I am insanely picky about jewelry.  Should I threadjack or start a new thread? There will be a lot of pictures. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    Same!
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:83cfcb58-3eec-4e2d-87bd-87698f318f19">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that the one with the perv guy, and her having sex with a guy in the attic? I think I saw it and wondered WTF I was watching the entire time.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    lol thats the one
  • NebbNebb member
    edited June 2012
    I wouldnt wear a necklace with that neckline, just nice earings.

ummmmmm did you delete your post with the pics?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:137f0ced-c56e-43f7-9e06-0319af68f73e">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldnt wear a necklace with that neckline, just nice earings.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I agree, I had a lot of beading at the bodice, so I stuck with earrings and a bracelet.
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    WARNING SPIDERS!
    OH my effing god.  I found this gif while shopping around online for snake/spider proof boots.

Toilet nightmare
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    So I am a little jewelry obsessed and this is the only thing I have really obsessed over. Jewelry to me is as shoes are to Dot. 

The is one line I really love. I am considering these simple teardrops, which have a matching pendant.

Then there is this pair of earring, that also have a matching pendant. I'd have to get them from 2 different sellers though. 

I bought these earrings and I like them a lot but the (wide chocker) matching necklace probably wouldn't go well with my halter neckline. They're sparklier in person. There are 2 necklaces that would kind of go with them but not exactly.

I also like this locket (and the earrings that would go with it) but A. it's gold and I almost exclusively wear silver, my band is white gold, and my hair flowers have silver, and B. It's huge and might be too much for my dress. 

Then there are plenty I like on Etsy but I worry about the quality in person. For example:

For reference here is my dress.

No sash, that was just to see how it would look. 
  • Sorry Nebb I accidentally posted when I wasn't done yet.
  • NebbNebb member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:6201497e-32ed-41a5-a16a-025d093b6a4e">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WARNING SPIDERS! OH my effing god.  I found this gif while shopping around online for snake/spider proof boots.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    that will haunt me for life. FOR LIFE.

omfg imagine if you sat down without knowing that was in there and it crawled up on you. omgomg blaaaggh!!!!
  • I LOVE that first pair of earrings, SO pretty!

I would forgo a necklace with that neckline. And the locket would be WAY too big.
  • ANNA! I have to scroll really fast by that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:8aa4d718-e181-4daf-b67b-f772f753006f">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oy! Anyone around? : that will haunt me for life. FOR LIFE.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>i will never stop to pee at a trail lavatory again.  I will hold it until my kidneys burst.</div>
  • Thats what they make "Magic Cones" for Anna.
  • I lift the seat and check every time I go to the bathroom at the campground. One bathroom is really buggy so I will not sit, ever. 
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:47455cc9-f3a9-4f8f-ac38-47abe9f72e47">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oy! Anyone around? : i will never stop to pee at a trail lavatory again.  I will hold it until my kidneys burst.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    you need one of those go girl things, way better than spiders.
    edited June 2012
    Hair will be up, that's all I have really figured out. Probably something simple and soft though. 

I worry I'd feel naked without a small necklace. However, I do have that pin I posted ages ago that I could attached to the neckline of my dress somewhere. But then that really impacts my earring choice. 

Oh, and Dot I finally was like "F It" yesterday and I went to buy that pair you posted ages ago. They had sold the day before. 
  • I tried a pair on just like those the other day Dot. They were by another company though. I found that the crossed part in the front sat on my foot a little crookedly. However, I have a weird shaped foot so it would probably look right on you. They were actually pretty comfortable. 
  • That first pair of earrings is stunning.  Love them.

The shoes are NMS.  I think they're a little prom-y.  They don't make me want to vom though.
  • Yeah, that second pair is gorgeous.  The first pair you posted doesn't compare.
  • How can anyone walk in those shoes Dot?
  • I love several of these: CLICKY
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:d2cf9653-1017-4864-9367-325c128d0a4c">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love several of these:  CLICKY
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Well who doesnt love Badgely Mishka ;)
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:420be930-a8b7-4531-ae82-e17d407b9981">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the link! Celtic have you seen some of the other stuff by that designer? Gorgeous! <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/luxedeluxe?ref=seller_info" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/luxedeluxe?ref=seller_info</a>
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I check regularly. The other ones just aren't the same. I have major issues. </div>
  • I like those and these (link) as well. I couldn't walk in either of them though! 
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Dot did you try eBay? I found my outofbudget Badgley Mischkas new, not preworn for 100 that way.

• Good evening! I just got back from getting my hair done for our costume party tonight. I'm rockin' the victory rolls and pinup curls. I'd take a pic, but I'm still working on my makeup and don't want to take a pic till the whole thing is complete.

Anna - I love you, but I hate your for posting that spider gif. I forgive you because whatck-a-kitty is so damn entertaining.

And celtic, I wore Badgley Mischka shoes for our wedding and they were awesome. I felt like a friggin' superhero wearing those bad boys. I was like a little kid, constantly watching my feet while I was walking around taking pics because I was so mesmerized by how pretty they were.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards