February 2013 Weddings

working out

ughh, i need to loose 30 pounds by my wedding....really hope i can it.  anyone have any pointers?

Re: working out

• Need pointers here too!! I keep saying I am going to get back on track yet never do. I need motivation.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was doing really well before I moved back home. :( I need motivation too. I just bought a kickboxing bootcamp DVD that has five 10 mins segment/workouts so time shouldn't be a issue now. :) And my dad just got us a new DDR game so let's see how it goes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I'd highly recommend Weight Watchers. It's the only sane way to go about it! Its a progressive weight loss but it was so easy for me, I lost 30lbs total at about 1-2 pounds per week. I meant to stop losing at 10 but figured why the heck not, the pounds literally were falling off. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_working-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:eafd9abf-f4a7-4f69-8cf4-7e92266c1e84Post:a8c7fa9b-9e55-488f-89d5-31289d688ea0">Re: working out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd highly recommend Weight Watchers. It's the only sane way to go about it! Its a progressive weight loss but it was so easy for me, I lost 30lbs total at about 1-2 pounds per week. I meant to stop losing at 10 but figured why the heck not, the pounds literally were falling off. 
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

Did you do it online or go to meetings?  I've been looking at giving it a try also as I need to lose about 25 pounds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starnern I only went to two meetings, and then the class was cancelled at my work so I continued online. As long as you continue to weigh in weekly and track daily you don't need them, they're just helpful in terms of tips and recipe ideas.
  • My FI and I are working out using the Insanity DVD's...just started yesterday and it's a 60 day program but I am hoping to make a lifestyle change and continue eating healthy and exercising beyond the 60 days...esp since there are over 200 days still left til the wedding :-D

I say count your calories and eat the right foods!  I am cutting out soda, junk food snacks will wean off the sugar (ie in my tea)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_working-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:eafd9abf-f4a7-4f69-8cf4-7e92266c1e84Post:e4083713-5f7f-4ac1-a421-947627b4fa87">Re: working out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was doing really well before I moved back home. :( I need motivation too. I just bought a kickboxing bootcamp DVD that has five 10 mins segment/workouts so time shouldn't be a issue now. :) And my dad just got us a new DDR game so let's see how it goes.
    Posted by HopefulLife[/QUOTE]

Yay DDR!  :D Sorry but had to comment b/c FI and I MET playing DDR.  We both used to compete locally.  It'll get you moving, but I wouldn't really call it a workout unless a) you log a LOT of dance time (it might be different for you, but I burn about 15 cal. per song on the hardest difficulty) or b) you do these kinds of songs - /> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5aab95b7SU" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5aab95b7SU</a>

Once we move (less than 2 weeks!  woo!)  FI and I are signing up for an Aikido class that will meet 3x a week.  We're doing it more for self defense/fun, but its supposed to be a good workout and I'll be motivated since FI will MAKE me go, hahaha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiancé is doing so well right now by riding his bike almost daily to get to work, but I don't have one, and I'm really too lazy right now to do exercice, since I work amost 2 hours daily on my thesis after I'm done with my day at work. I know, I know, it's just some excuse. But I really can't wait to deposit that thesis in September so I can use my ''thesis time'' on some cardio and toning exercices and DIY projects!! :)
  • The insanity workout is really tough but if you can somehow get through it, it's completely worth it. Also try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, it's not quite as intense but I like it so far (started last week) and a few friends of mine have done it. I'm finding I've been lacking in the motivation department as well. I just keep thinking, "keep going, you are not honeymoon bikini ready!" haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    Centerpieces! Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Amo: that's awesome. :) I usually spend hours playing DDR during the weekends and I love the fast songs so it helps me. It's just something different to do that isn't so harsh but works me out some (good for my lazy days).  And I'm getting a new puppy so once the 90/100 degree days cease, I will begin walking/jogging with her and my sister's puppy. :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I can attest to the laziness of stuying and not wanting to work out...I've been neglecting the studying but I have been working out (when I study I don't work out) I need to find a balance as my exam is August 30th!!  And trust me when I say, I NEED this entire 6 weeks of study time if I hope to pass :-/
  • Julyet: I had the same issue, which is why for my last two weeks I had shipped my workout DVDs to my parents' house. Hence why, with stress, I gained all my weight back. :( But it'll work out. GL on the exams (so glad to be done with that!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Thanks Hope!!  It's a long road with these exams, I'll share the story some day. lol!  It's for my CPA certification and it's ridiculously tough.
  • My sister just started going to school for being an accountant and thinking about going for a CPA as well... :/ I looked into the program for her - most definitely GL (my dad's college buddy's GF just graduated with hers) I'll stick to my chemistry. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  •  i think it is painful to lose weight ,  so i placed a dress  from a website  ,custom-made dress , it fitted me well ,it's so perfect 
     the following is my dress link 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards