New York-Upstate
Options

Venue search

Help! I cannot find a venue that has the warmth and welcoming feel that we want that can fit 200 guests. We want a garden/Italian tuscany feel. Any suggestions in the New York area (including CT) would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Venue search

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Glen Sanders Mansion in Scotia, near Schenectady. It is right on the Mohawk River. We are having our ceremony outside on the river. There is a nice patio for the cocktail hour and a ballroom for the reception. Glen Sanders is also an historic inn and a restaurant known for their awesome Italian food. It's probably not exactly a garden feel in the ballroom, but they do have an outdoor ceremony area and great Italian food!

Also, try Mallozzi's in Rotterdam.
  • Options
    sctfrk1314sctfrk1314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Italian American Community Center in Albany was very nice. It's a ballroom but there is an outdoor walled in garden that had a circular stone pergola, nicely manicured greenery, and I think there was a small fountain... I can't remember. Anyway, the prices were reasonable for the area and the food at the IACC restaurant is excellent. You should check them out!  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married almost 6 years ago at the Glen Sanders Mansion and loved it! We were married outside and it was so pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards