Louisiana-New Orleans

corset?

hi ladies!
haven't been to the board much lately (am I the only one who hates this new look and finds it impossible to use?!), but I feel like tearing my hair out trying to find a suitable bra for my wedding day!
So, where did y'all find your bra of choice? My main issue is trying to find something with stomach-slimming abilities, like a corset or something, but haven't found anything yet- do you think my best bet would be a bridal shop, or is there some other place I should check out? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Sarah
~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: corset?

• edited December 2011
    Sarah!!  Been dying to know the same thing!  Glad you asked.
    And sadly, no, you are not the only one totally turned off by the new format.  It takes forever and all we really ever needed was a way to get info to each other, not sure why this new look is completely slowing my life down.
  • edited December 2011

I went to try on dresses the other day, and I was thinking about the bra thing as well. I would guess that a lingerie store, or dept sstore will be just as good as a bridal store.
    Here's what a quick internet search found. Disclaimer though, don't know if any of these is good, just saw them online
    #1 Macy's shapewear
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=27299&PageID=117250887493751&CURRENT_PAGE=2

#2 Online retailer
    http://www.advantagebridal.com/flmebrbu.html

# 3 Not so many choices but Nordstroms wedding shop

Let me know what you ladies are deciding to do when you know.

• edited December 2011
    I get most of my bras fom Herrroom.com, figleaves.com, or barenecessities.com
    I am well-endowed and plus-sized so I fond it hard to find bras at brick & mortar stores.  Most recently I have fallen in love with the elomi line, bth for everyday wear and special occasions.  The longline merry widow I bought for a wedding I was in in April is fantastic, makes me look sexy and curvaceous and I feel beautiful in it.  And it is the most comfortable strapless bra I have ever had. http://www.herroom.com/elomi-8202-Serena-Merry-Widow-Basque-Bra.shtml

I don't mind being held to a higher standard; I mind being held to a lower one. (Sam Seaborn, The West Wing)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! i will be checking out all your links and hopefully finding something! so sick of worrying about this thing! :)
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    I also bought my bridal lingere from Herroom.com  and Stockinggirl.com.  I am going for a vintage 50's look and wear a 34DDD - 36DD...a very difficult size to find in stores. Herroom has some great "waist nipper" products by Rago that are cheap and work great.  Mine is comfortable (I've been wearing it to break it in), gives me bettter postures, and makes my waist a good 1.5 - 2" smaller.  There is also a fab. strapless bra I own  by Goddess that Herrom also carries...check it out.  Or...if you are a NOLA local, stop in to Trashy Diva on Chartres in the French Quarter.  They have BEAUTIFUL, REAL corsets!  I tried one on for fun the other day and I had a 26" waist after the salesgirl cinched me up!  Ooh la la...wouldn't work under my dress bc it is silk satin, but on someone with silk taffeta dress, it would be amazing.
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It looks like you don't live in LA, but if anyone does, two days before my wedding my mom took my sisters and I to the Bra Genie in Mandeville. It's the cutest shop ever - we got fitted for bras and I know they do fittings for wedding dresses. You have to call and make an appointment but I would highly recommend them. All 3 of us were wearing the wrong sizes in bras and my bras fit so much better now!

PS-I also hate the new chat format.

• becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops. Forgot to add their link: http://www.thebragenie.com/
  • slappy985slappy985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the bra genie and not liking the new format.  She was fabulous for my mardi gras ball formals.  I
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards