Virginia-Richmond

Rustic/Barn/Farm Indoor reception (heated)

I am having a really difficult time finding a barn or some other rustic/country indoor structure for my reception. I really want something that is heated because I plan to do it during the cooler months. I am seeing a lot of barns that are just for decoration or can be used as an indoor facility but not heated. Additionally, I am trying to stay within 30 minutes of the Richmond area, so that eliminates all of the Charlottesville options, but I will consider Goochland, Hanover, ect. Does anyone have any ideas? Know of any lodges? Considering the state parks but haven't found any structures that really fit this concept. Trying to think outside of the box. Thanks for your suggestions!

Re: Rustic/Barn/Farm Indoor reception (heated)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_rusticbarnfarm-indoor-reception-heated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:607Discussion:1536315c-4d2a-49b3-aae6-21963406b500Post:0302acf6-dc2a-4c42-90c7-0113b792412d">Rustic/Barn/Farm Indoor reception (heated)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a really difficult time finding a barn or some other rustic/country indoor structure for my reception. I really want something that is heated because I plan to do it during the cooler months. I am seeing a lot of barns that are just for decoration or can be used as an indoor facility but not heated. Additionally, I am trying to stay within 30 minutes of the Richmond area, so that eliminates all of the Charlottesville options, but I will consider Goochland, Hanover, ect. Does anyone have any ideas? Know of any lodges? Considering the state parks but haven't found any structures that really fit this concept. Trying to think outside of the box. Thanks for your suggestions!
    Posted by weddingplan16[/QUOTE]

Hey,

I'm not sure how much web browsing you've done or what sites you have visited. Try <a href="http://www.weddingwire.com/" rel="nofollow">www.weddingwire.com</a> where they mentioned The Mill at Fine Creek and Inn at Westwood Farm. I'm not sure how rustic you want it or how your budget looks but it might be worth something. I hope this helps! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_rusticbarnfarm-indoor-reception-heated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:607Discussion:1536315c-4d2a-49b3-aae6-21963406b500Post:0302acf6-dc2a-4c42-90c7-0113b792412d">Rustic/Barn/Farm Indoor reception (heated)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a really difficult time finding a barn or some other rustic/country indoor structure for my reception. I really want something that is heated because I plan to do it during the cooler months. I am seeing a lot of barns that are just for decoration or can be used as an indoor facility but not heated. Additionally, I am trying to stay within 30 minutes of the Richmond area, so that eliminates all of the Charlottesville options, but I will consider Goochland, Hanover, ect. Does anyone have any ideas? Know of any lodges? Considering the state parks but haven't found any structures that really fit this concept. Trying to think outside of the box. Thanks for your suggestions!
    Posted by weddingplan16[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain on this one...I've scoured the internet looking for a barn in Hampton Roads/Richmond to no avail. My best suggestion would be to check out some of the plantations in the area. Jasmine Plantation and Clover Forest both look beautiful but I know for sure that Jasmine Plantation makes you rent the entire house if you,re having a weekend wedding so it can get a bit pricey. Not sure what your budget is or how many people you're having but best wishes on your search!

• Maymont Park in Richmond has a Stone Barn.. you can contact them for prices.  It's relatively rustic looking.

My venue is The Manor House at King's Charter in Mechanicsville.  It's got more of that Old South, historic feel.  

New Kent Winery may also have an option for you but their hours are weird if you want to rent the indoor space.  The wedding has to start at 6pm or later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards