Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Any ideas from Match.com couples?

My fiance and I met on Match.com, and were thinking about incorporating that into our wedding somehow.

I was hoping to find out if any other match.com couples out there had incorporated any match-themed concepts into their wedding?    i.e., match flame color scheme (red, orange, yellow), personalized match books, etc.

Any ideas?  
Thanks!

Re: Any ideas from Match.com couples?

• Options
    That just seems like overkill to me.  Perhaps just have the matchbooks as a little payment of homage to how you guys met.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ideas-matchcom-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4466c083-2d2a-4545-8a05-c259478695acPost:ad13b846-4311-4aac-969e-2966c872d230">Re: Any ideas from Match.com couples?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That just seems like overkill to me.  Perhaps just have the matchbooks as a little payment of homage to how you guys met.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I tend to agree, a little goes a long way.  I don't think most people know how FI and I met.  

</div>
  • Options
    FI and I met working the Jungle Cruise, so our "guest books" are a series of large Jungle Cruise art prints that the guests will sign.  That's the only reference to it in the whole wedding.

I think the matchbooks would be sufficient.  Anything more and it either starts looking cheesy, or like a Match.com commercial.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ideas-matchcom-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4466c083-2d2a-4545-8a05-c259478695acPost:605634fc-995d-42ec-b88a-e5c7714a8fd4">Re: Any ideas from Match.com couples?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I met working the Jungle Cruise, so our "guest books" are a series of large Jungle Cruise art prints that the guests will sign.  That's the only reference to it in the whole wedding. I think the matchbooks would be sufficient.  Anything more and it either starts looking cheesy, or like a Match.com commercial.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry.. do you mean the ride at Disney World?  Cause if so.. that is adorable.</div>
  • Options
    Disneyland, actually.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    thanks all!  i was thinking along the same lines myself but wanted to see what others had done.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ideas-matchcom-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4466c083-2d2a-4545-8a05-c259478695acPost:f48e1639-d125-426e-bf62-4705375c9407">Re: Any ideas from Match.com couples?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any ideas from Match.com couples? : I'm sorry.. do you mean the ride at Disney World?  Cause if so.. that is adorable.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

<div>I freaking love that ride!  That is adorable.</div>
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_ideas-matchcom-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4466c083-2d2a-4545-8a05-c259478695acPost:0b36fff4-af8f-46e7-87b6-b5a0f287035b">Re: Any ideas from Match.com couples?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Disneyland, actually.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Yeah I should have figured that out from your location.  Either way, super cool :)
  • Options
    There is one more thing: Instead of "You may now kiss the bride," our officiant, who was also one of our supervisors at Jungle, is saying, "Hit it, skips!"  That's more of an inside joke, though, I don't expect any of the guests (well, any of the ones who didn't work Jungle with us) to get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards