Ohio-Columbus

Alterations

Hi girls,

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good place in Columbus to have alterations done on a bridesmaid dress. The dress was purchased form a small shop in Cleveland, so it would need to be somewhere that doesn't require you to have bought the dress from their store. Also, I need the dress to be ready fairly soon (by May 20 at latest) do I'm looking for somewhere that can turn it around in four weeks or less.

Thanks!
Liz
kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    I am getting my alterations done at Alan Ray bridal, which is where I purchased my dress. He does an excellent job and I have heard good things about him. He has been doing it for 25+ years if that helps ya any. They have a website, too: alanraybridal.com if you want to check it out. I was just so leary on having someone else do it unless I knew them and trusted them bc I didn't want them to screw a $1200 gown up. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Linda Hine or Joyce from Alterations on Lane are both great as well.  :)  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Linda Hine did my alterations.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my dress altered at Damian's Expert Tailoring (on Bethel Rd.). I was really impressed by him when I took my dress; he was very quick, precise and professional! He is also very inexpensive. I went there based on all good recommendations as well.
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Linda Hine.  I have my first fitting tomorrow
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Linda Hine as well, I had my first fitting last week, and it was great, but she mentioned to me that she was almost completely booked for the month of May.  Maybe if you don't need a lot done for your BM dress, she could accomodate you.   If you are interested in Linda Hine, I have contact info. in my bio under vendors.  Good luck! 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls!! I made an appointment with Joyce at Alterations on Lane for next week - she is really close to my house, which makes it super convenient. I appreciate all of the advice :)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards