Getting in Shape

South Beach Diet

Is anyone on this diet or have they tried it? Any success with it? I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Re: South Beach Diet

• I did it 2 years ago and it was the best diet I have ever been on. Since I was not extremely overweight I allowed myself to drink coffee and alcohol once in a while but even with not following those two rules I lost about 20 pounds in less than 2 months.
    Of course I went to the gym as well which helps. I started this diet in August and by December I had lost 40 pounds.
    It's really easy to follow and the recipes are amazing! I still cook some meals using those recipes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used it to jump-start my weight loss a while back, and I lost 8 pounds on it the first 2 weeks.  The best part was that it completely extinguished my carb/sugar addiction.  The first couple of days were rough because I was constantly craving bread/pasta/anything white and starchy (I was eating it nonstop), but after that the cravings subsided and now I have a much, much healthier relationship with cabrs and sugar.  I no longer crave it obsessively like I used to, and I can be satisfied by some fruit or one little piece of hard candy now, instead of needing TONS of sugar after a meal to be happy.

I also found that the first phase really helped me make the switch from unclean eating to clean eating; it was like a new start for me, which was nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • My doctor put me on it starting this week because I have high cholesterol. Today is only my second day. I feel fine so far; I'm at a healthy weight so I'm not doing it to lose weight, I just don't want to be put on cholesterol meds before I'm 25. Phase one is definitely going to be hard, but it's just two weeks so I think I'll make it
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Thanks! I'm glad people have had success on it. I started it today and it's not so bad but it's only been a day. I hope I can make it through 14 days.
  • You'll do great! It's easy and really will change your eating style.
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards