Registry and Gift Forum

Groom's Gift

I have no experience with weddings other than what I have been watchin on TV.  I understand that the bride and groom exchange gifts the day of the wedding.  I have NO idea of what to get my beau on our special day.

I am wondering if any of you have GREAT suggestions or experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks for your time and suggestions in advance
Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hears and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Groom's Gift

• It is totally up to the couple, some people do exchange gifts, others do not.  So talk it over with your FI and see what he wants to do.

I plan on getting FI 2 things.  When we were looking at limo companies, we stumbled across a red '57 chevy limo that only seats 4-6 so too small for the day of our wedding.  I plan to surprise him and have it pick us up to go to the airport for our honeymoon (I will tell him in advance that we have family taking us so he knows we are waiting for a ride). 
    I also am hoping to hve a boudoir photoshoot and get him an album of the prints. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right now, I have for him a card, and a bbq recipe book from weber.  I'm also going to have a box of grill accessories, a few things he pointed out as things he liked at Lowe's last time we were there.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • I also did a boudoir shoot to surprise FI with. I did a pair of cufflinks made out of guitar picks cut down and set in silver so he can have a little something meaningful to wear that day.
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I did a boudoir shoot.  We didn't talk about exchanging gifts so he didn't get me anything (which is absolutely fine) but this was something I really wanted to do for him and for myself.  He actually cried when he saw the photos, it was really sweet.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I plan on doing a boudoir shoot for my FI. I want something that he will have for a long time and something special to the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did b-pics as well - I cannot wait to give him the album
  • Sounds unanimous....I will definitely look into the boudoir photoshoot.   Thanks for the suggestions ladies and Great luck with everything
    Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hears and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Classic gifts are cufflinks and watches.  I'm getting mine a pocketwatch that I'll engrave with a verse from our wedding song and the date (just so he never has an excuse to forget our anniversary).  He's always wanted one but never thought it was a practical thing for him to get.

Obviously boudoir pictures are very popular these days.  I've heard of someone getting a compass for her husband2B which I thought sent a cute message.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • OP - I'm sure there are fab b-photographers in pittsburgh, but if you're willing to travel, mine was AWESOME
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards