July 2010 Weddings

a fun DIY project with your future new last name letter! [PIP]

hey girls!

i finished another DIY project on my list today, so i thought i would share in case any of you wanted to do it too!

i really liked the look of this:

and since our front door to our ceremony/reception location looks like this:

i wanted to do a moss letter "K" for our last name on the outside of it so guests will see it as they walk in! :)

so i bought my letter K from hobby lobby. it was originally gold (didnt get a pic of it when it was still gold because i was too excited to start making this lol) but i wanted to paint it green just in case any moss didnt completely cover any areas it would be less noticeable:

then after that dried, i tied my pink satin ribbon on so that the moss would cover up the parts on the letter:

now it was time to start the fun part! the moss!

i just bought the moss from a local craft store, and used a hot glue gun to adhere the pieces to the letter :) here is a work in progress pic:

the moss is MESSY! so make sure you have paper or something underneath lol...and then about 40 minutes later it is DONE! and i LOVE it! :D

i tied a bow on a separate piece of ribbon and hot glued that on top for cuteness haha :)

it was fairly simple and cheap to do, and i'm all about the fun extra DIY details in a wedding, so i'm very happy with how this came out! good luck to you if you try it as well!

jacqui + erik 7.10.10
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
**Planning Bio**

Re: a fun DIY project with your future new last name letter! [PIP]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards