May 2013 Weddings

How many people did you have at your tasting?

We are planning our tasting for early January and I just heard back from the owner that the tasting is complementary for TWO people. That seems really ridiculous to me, but I thought that maybe it was normal, and that maybe I should check on here before I pass judgement. She said that we should feel free to invite anyone else we want and we will just be charged a "minimal fee to cover their costs," so I'm waiting to hear what "minimal fee" means. If it is truly just food cost, I don't mind paying it--just wanted to check and see what your experiences were!

Re: How many people did you have at your tasting?

• We brought just FI Mom and Dad (since they are paying for the food)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We can have 4, so myself, FI, and my mom and dad. FMIL is P*ssed that we aren't inviting her but you all know that drama. And she isn't paying for it, my parents are. I think my step dad is also coming, but he already said he doesn't mind paying the fee for himself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Our tasting is for the bride and groom only.... if we want to bring anyone it's $50 for each additional person.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • Ours was for 6 people so it worked out very nice for FI and I, my parents and his parents as well. My brother tagged along last minute and they didn't mind at all I don't think.. I think it just depends I know a few of the othr places I looked at also only included 2 or 4.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was me, FI and my Mom. My Wedding planner was also there and for some reason I can't remember now if she actually ate the food or not lol. It was back in July. My sister and one of my bridesmaids also wanted to come, but I felt weird bringing a bunch of people.
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Our venue hosts tasting events. It is complimentary for the bride, groom, and 2 guests. We are encouraged to bring more people, if we want to. Each extra peron is 15, so it's not bad at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our venue included us plus 6 other people, but it was a big event type of thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are planning to have ours soon too. I contacted our coordinator to see if we could bring people because we wanted my dad and his girlfriend to come along. we thought just our  tasting would be included and wanted to price the additional cost. we were  really surprised when they told us we couple bring up to six people, free of charge!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We don't get a tasting. Can you believe that? I'm not happy about this.
  • Seriously sharps no tasting?! That sounds ridiculous We are only allowed 2 each extra is 60. Our coordinator said you can bring extra ppl and they can share the twoperson meal but the extra person won't get their own serving unless paid for. So we might bring FI's BM/brother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We technically never had a tasting.  My mom knew the caterer through church, so she sat down with him and told him what kind of food I wanted there.  That's basically all she did.  I wasn't able to make it to the meeting because of school and work, and that's fine.  I know the food will be good since he used to cater for our church and we're having really simple food.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I don't know how many we're allowed to bring. Our venue does a big event with all the people getting married there. They send out a flyer and everything. 
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:How many people did you have at your tasting?:[QUOTE]We don't get a tasting. Can you believe that? I'm not happy about this. Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

We don't get a tasting either.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers May 2013 Nov. Siggy: Venue! image
  • For those of you who dont get a tasting I pray the food is good. I dont know if I could of booked a venue without tasting especially when thats where the bulk of the money goes to..good luck ! FI and I go for our tasting sometime in January and are allowed 2 extra ppl but because no one is helping pay for the food no one else will be getting invited. Im excited and cant wait to go
  • Its just FI and myself, so we're sort of a non-issue.

FWIW, I have seen people treat tastings like an opportunity to go out to dinner with their entire bridal party for free, so I can see why they would charge a fee for an excess of people and really the only people who should be attending are the bride, groom and parents (only if they are paying). However, it should be nominal, like $15 or something. I think $50+ is insane to charge for extra guests at a tasting.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours was for 2, but we added my mom and his parents, so we ended up paying $20 for each additional person.  
  • we are allowed 4 people.  It will be me and fi and my parents.  they are paying for everything.  we go jan 8 and i can't wait.
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had tastings with two vendors and each allowed 4 people total I think. My mom Mae to one and my MOH came to the other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We already had our tasting in November... It was complimentary for 4 people... So it was FI and myself, and my parents since they're paying for the majority of the wedding...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • In Response to Re:How many people did you have at your tasting?:[QUOTE]For those of you who dont get a tasting I pray the food is good. I dont know if I could of booked a venue without tasting especially when thats where the bulk of the money goes to..good luck !

FI and I go for our tasting sometime in January and are allowed 2 extra ppl but because no one is helping pay for the food no one else will be getting invited.

Im excited and cant wait to go Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

I'm unhappy about it, but I'm not worried. They have a restaurant there that I have eaten at and it was great. The venue is killer.
  • Ours includes 2 people and each addition is $75 EACH! I hate that it will cost an extra 150 to let each of my parents have some input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards