New York-Hudson Valley

Hollow Brook Golf Club - Reviews please....

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone attended or have had their wedding at the Hollow Brook Golf Club?  If so, can you let me know how it was?

Thanks so much.

Re: Hollow Brook Golf Club - Reviews please....

• edited December 2011
    i went to a party there and it was horrible.  the food was aweful, the service was worse.  I liked the view but not worth it at all.  I give it an F.
  • edited December 2011

We viewed this place but did not like the fact that it was right across the street from a cemetery, and that the closest hotel was...still  being built, all others were farther than we liked and not too nice.  Finally, this place was a good 40 minute drive from out church, so we decided on New York Country Club in New Hempstead. Also a golf course, offered more options for food, and their tasting was amazing. I figure, if they treat us like this for free (I mean the tasting), our wedding will be amazing :)

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a party there but we just booked our wedding there for October 2011. Robbyn, the event coordinator has been amazing answering all of our questions and letting us know every time they have an event there as well as sending us pictures. For us we loved Hollow Brook for the views as well as atmosphere. We didn't want the normal wedding venues like Villa Barone, and the New Rochelle country club strip. They were all beautiful but didn't fit our personalities and styles.

We went for a food tasting this past Friday and the food was amazing. They gave us a wonderful 5 course dinner with wine pairings the entire time. I don't know if maybe there is a new chef since the time "lzbride" ate there. We love the fact the the food is not something that you would normally get at any of the other places we looked at. Each course is unique and so very flavorful. The chef was also very helpful and came out to speak with us before and after the tasting to get our thoughts and let us know that he would work with us to customize anything on the menu if we so desired.

Overall, from what we have seen thus far we loved Hollow Brook and knew it was the venue for us.

Good luck with you search.
  • leish26leish26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was married at Hollow Brook.  Loved it!!  We were married in front of the fireplace on Valentines Day.  The food and the service was amazing.  They are so much nicer then all of the  "cookie cutter"  venues in the area.  They worked with me to design a non traditional menu.  I would definately recomend it, Robbyn was great to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards