Pennsylvania-Central

Alterations

Where did you/are you going for your alterations? Are you happy with them? And price wise.. what are you spending? My gown is all lace, so im kinda worried about where to go..

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    I would love to know this, locally as well.  I bought my dress in Chambersburg, and it's just being ordered now, but the prices they quoted me for alterations are insane.  Maybe it's just me, and that's what they normally are, but I couldn't believe it!
  • edited December 2011
    I've had two friends go to Sewing by Lois on marietta ave in Lancaster.  They were both very happy with her and I know the one paid significantly less than what David's was going to charge.  I've only been there for measurements, but she didn't bother to charge me. 
  • tresslertressler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used J&B in Chambersburg twice and I love them I dont know how they are priced compared to others
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Country Threads by Gail in Manheim. So far she's been absolutely fantastic to work with. I go for my final fitting on Friday, so I can talk about cost then...but I do know that she's much cheaper than having it done at the bridal shops.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • LiBly27LiBly27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Leaf of Eve in Enola, they also have a location in Carlisle.  The females in my fmaily have been using them for years, for dances, proms, weddings etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards