California-Central

Santa Barbra honeymoon hotels?

Hey ladies just popping in from the San Diego board. Me and Hubby to be are paying for half our wedding and my parents are paying the other half so or honeymoon budget is minimal and we were trying to stay in CA far enough away that it feels like we've gone somewhere but not the 1500 flight we were originally looking at. Are there in hotels you would recommend in Santa Barbra? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Santa Barbra honeymoon hotels?

• edited December 2011
    The Fess Parker Doubletree, Four Seasons Biltmore, The Canary, and Bacara are probably the most popular.  Most hotels are great in SB though and there is so much to see, do, and exlpore there that it makes a great honeymoon location.  Dh and I got married at the Fess Parker and honeymooned there as well so feel free to e-mail me at knottie name at aol dot com if you have any questions and want more info on anything.  You might also want to post this on the LA board...most SB brides are on that board and are filled with info!  Hope that helps! :)
  • KCam556KCam556 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There are SO many great hotels in Santa Barbara...PP named the most popular but those are also the most expensive, including San Ysidro Ranch which is gorgeous.  Some other options that don't start at $500/night are:

Hotel Mar Monte

Hotel Santa Barbara

Montecito Inn (still a bit expensive)

Franciscan Inn (can get a suite for a great price)

Best Western Pepper Tree

Harbor View Inn (one of my favorites)
    Hotel Oceana (next to Harbor View...very nice)

Villa Rosa

Pacifica Suites

• edited December 2011
    Check out some B&Bs, too!

I would also really recommend doing a wine tour on a bus. FI and I did one last year. It was about $100/pp, but it included lunch and stops at 4 wineries with tastings. They picked us up at the hotel AND we got discounts on wine.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

So I post and forget to come back for a week for answers I guess thats just the way my brain is working lately.
    Summer0fStars  
    We were looking at the Canary it seemed really cool and not that bad in price when campared to Four Seasons Biltmore which I loved but it's out of budget. so I think we've settled on that. I'll post on the LA board too thanks!
    Mesmerymac
    We defanitly want to go on a wine tour do you know which company you used?  

Are there any other tours or sites that are a must see we were thinking about renting beach crusiers and going to the warf but if it's cold I don't know if I like that plan.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input by the way
  • edited December 2011
    If you're interested in Santa Barbara Wine Country I would suggest Hotel Corque http://hotelcorque.com/

Hotel Corque is where we're blocking rooms for our hotel guests.

Message me privately if you want more info.  I'd be happy to help.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards