Hawaii

Cost of Hawaiian Wedding

I was wondering what is the rough estimate for a wedding, including travel, resort and wedding?  I'm planning on budgetting 10k, but am wondering if this is too much or pretty common?

Re: Cost of Hawaiian Wedding

• lwav8176lwav8176 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you anticipating?
  • edited December 2011
    only 10 people.  No reception, just maybe a brunch/lunch after the ceramony.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not really familiar with maui sites but that seems perfectly doable with 10 people. My wedding is on oahu and my budget is about $15,000 for a guest list of 120.
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that is a lot of people for the price. 
  • embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having about 20 people come along (just immediate family and a couple of close friends) and the wedding itself (not counting the travel costs and lodging) is only going to cost us about $1200.  However, we're having a very simple barefoot-on-the-beach ceremony, and then having everyone over to our condo for a laid back family BBQ.  We will be having a real wedding cake, a coordinator, and a photographer, which is where the bulk of the cost is coming from.

Believe it or not, a Hawaiian wedding *can be* extremely economical!
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I just noticed you asked about costs of travel as well.. That will end up costing us another $1500 or so, for roundtrip tickets from CA to HI, and 7 days in a timeshare condo.
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on what kind of wedding you want to have, where you want to stay, etc.  I think it's totally do-able with your budget unless you are hoping to take all 10 people there with 10K, then you might run into some issues.  If you want to know how much we are spending, etc., PM me. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 5K but that includes the photographer, my outfit, his outfit, both of our rings, our DOC, flowers....literally everything except our plane tix which his parents picked up.  I think it's a good deal...we get our dream wedding and a vacation/honeymoon out of it for $5k, not bad at all.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's totally doable for your budget.  You can find condos on Maui on VRBO.com that rent for ~$100-150/night.  Plane tix will vary, but you can price that out right now.  A brunch/lunch can be done affordably, esp. for that small of a group.

I do recommend that you provide some kind of meal to your guests, though.  Even though it's a small group, the reception is in part your thank you to them for coming to your wedding.  Since it's so far away, I think it's even more important to do something nice (though not necessarily expensive) for them, like a nice brunch.
  • edited December 2011

Yeah, we plan on having a bbq reception when we come back home for our familys.  But for us I wanted to just have a private beach wedding, barefoot at 9am.  We both have kids so they will be coming a long with us and both our parents and a couple of friends.  so 10 people is counting us and our kids.  We plan on hanging out having a brunch or lunch after the wedding ceramony but my fiance and I are paying for it ourselves.  And we just wanted out kids to be there, we told everybody else if they wanted to join us they are more then welcomed but they will have to pay for the trip themselves.  Otherwise, we are going to have it live on the web for those who could not make it.  We are trying to make it as nice as possible, but affordably as well.  I wasn't sure if I wasn't being realistic with the 10k price or not.  Thank you so much for all the feedback :-)

• marikoonomarikoono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can most definitely have a wedding in Hawaii for $10,000; it just depends on how you spend it. We paid a lil' less that $10,000, that included RT tickets (from the East Coast), hotel for 11 days or so, ceremony, luau for 20 guests....well, I posted it on weddingbee in more detail:
    http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/02/28/the-sushi-budget-reviews/

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, your wedding was so beautiful and you really used your money wisly.  Looks like you got a lot for the money.  I really hope ours is as cheap :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards