Not Engaged Yet

Internet Ads...Based on searches or just random?

I noticed some engagement ring ads on my BFs computer this weekend, especially when I was on Yahoo. Are these ads random, or are they generated based on searches you have done or sites you have been to? Of course Im wondering if this is due to him checking out rings!!

Re: Internet Ads...Based on searches or just random?

• Generated based on browser history. If you've been on his computer doing anything like looking at The Knot, it would lead to ring ads and the such.

• I dont look up anything wedding related on his comp....so leads me to think... ;)
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    It would also pull over if you used Google with your own account on your computer and searched then signed into gmail or whatever on his computer. It would also do the same for Facebook or other websites where you have accounts. Everything ties together a lot if you're not careful.

• haha....well def stuff in my gmail (like emails from TK even!). and i get fb ads for wedding stuff because im friends with some wedding photographers. makes sense!!! thanks for your help! i wont let my mind go down that road any longer ;)
  • Apparently FB generates ads based on your interest. Although, I'm not too sure sometimes. I get the most random things on my account.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Facebook bases ads solely on your relationship status, I'm convinced.

All I get are engagement ads and I hear you get BABY ads when you're married, so I'm glad I'm not married yet.  Cause I mean, I could care less what kind of pooper scooper you need for a kid at this point in my life.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I don't know how random it is or not.  I get tons of ads on FB for baby stuff...and engagement ads too.  It's rather annoying.  I've seen ring ads and stuff pop up on BF's computer as well.  I don't go onto his computer at all.

Anniversary

• My fb shows me lots of baby stuff. And there's so many ring ads. There's also contact lens ads and political ads.

There are ring ads on my bfs comp, I figure it must be cross contaminated from me somehow, he's definitely not looking.
  • Most of my Facebook ads are in Japanese, oddly enough.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_internet-adsbased-on-searches-or-just-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0e06dea1-fb71-47e1-8e13-53eef1c5a3c3Post:51c930d2-efa8-4322-8542-74f3d1ed05e1">Re: Internet Ads...Based on searches or just random?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fb shows me lots of baby stuff. And there's so many ring ads. There's also contact lens ads and political ads. <strong>There are ring ads on my bfs comp, I figure it must be cross contaminated from me somehow, he's definitely not looking.</strong>
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

This made me chuckle...haha :)
    Hope everyone is having a great (election) day!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards