Not Engaged Yet

I hate to ask this...but

Does any one know what the difference is between turquoise and aqua?  Or are they the same color?  I know this is a silly question, but I'm really bad with colors.   

Re: I hate to ask this...but

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it depends on the fabric.  Those two colors have so many variations.  In some fabrics, they could look like the same color but in others they will look drastically different.

Here's an article
    http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-aqua-and-turquoise/

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do think a lot of it depends on company or fabric as Mutley said. I have found sage green to be everything from pastel mint green to dark almost forrest green.

Are you wanting to use Aqua/turquoise and not sure which color to say?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  I'm in the early stages of thinking about colors, but I've made no firm commitment.  Anyway, I was doing a little web searching to see how easy it was to find turquoise "things".  Some things that I might need have been difficult to find marked turquoise, but I've seen them in aqua.  I hope I'm making some kind of sense.  

Mutely, the whole turquoise has more green thing from the article really cleared it up for me.  Thanks again!
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are thinking about colors I would go to Home Depot or a Paint store and find paint chips that you like. Then when it comes time for your BP to buy their dresses and rent tux's you have something tangible for them to match the color to.
  • edited December 2011
    I would just stay in the general aqua/turquoise family.  It does not need to match perfectly.  If you try to use just turquoise or just aqua, it is going to be hard to find the exact same shade anyways.   You are setting yourself up for major headaches that way.  I would use aqua/turquoise interchangeably when it comes to wedding stuff. 
  • edited December 2011
    Mutley speaks truth.

I gave myself one hell of a headache about shades of purple. And then Mutley said "Jeana, you're being stupid and unreasonable" (something like that) and I was like "Yeah! Violet totally goes with eggplant!" and haven't worried about it since.

Turquoise and aqua are pretty dang close. No one will notice but you. Now if you were talking about turquoise and navy, THAT would be a difference. But still, not really clashing.
    Anniversary
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely understand your question!! My BF and I have decided on our colors: orange, purple and this turquoise/aqua/teal color.  Everyone calls it something different, and it could be difficult to find super matchy-matchy things, but that's the nice thing about it also - it all coordinates!
    Depending on your WP Davids Bridal and Men's Warehouse work together and their fabric names are the same.  They've done this so it's easy to coordinate everyone.  On david's website I'm liking the color Oasis, and it should be the same on Men's Warehouse -- that's just another thing that might make your life easier if this is your final choice! :-)
    great color by the way!
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Steph B - Oooo orange, purple and aqua? Sounds like a Bird of Paradise! That could be really beautiful!
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paintgirl - THANKS! We went to Lowe's yesterday and grabbed paint swatches - it's a fun combo, and BF's favorite color is orange.  Definitely far from what I used to think I wanted! But I think this is exactly what I want now! Laughing
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards