Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Advice needed desperately!

I am starting to book a wedding venue for the reception. I really wanted to have it at the fort Schuyler Club in Utica NY. However, its two floors the first floor for the dinner and the second floor having the ballroom. Is this going to create a time problem? I don’t want my older guests missing the excitement upstairs. Has anyone seen anything similar? Also, I am having 125-150 people, is a sit down dinner or buffet stations more appropriate? Thanks!

Re: Advice needed desperately!

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Will everyone fit on the first floor for dinner or are you going to have put some people downstairs and some upstairs?

If everyone fits on the first floor for dinner, just make sure you all move upstairs together and don't start any special activities until everyone is upstairs.  Will there be seating upstairs in the ballroom as well or just dancing? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone will fit on the first floor and then upstairs there will be some seating, cake and dancing. Does that sound to crunched? Thanks for the advice on the upstairs down stairs thing, I have only been to weddings where it is all one room for dinner and dancing.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Well in that case, I would just be sure to have someone make an announcement like "the bride and groom are getting ready to move upstairs for their first dance and to cut the cake.  If you'd like to join them, now is the time!" or something along those lines so that those who want to see all of that stuff have time to get upstairs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Dani.  I think if you do it correctly, it will be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards