Hawaii

AW:: Won a Honeymoon!!!

So I went to the Bridal Convention they had here in January and I of course entered all the contests they offered. I am super excited that I ACTUALLY WON... So...my choices are Dominican Republic, Mexico, or the Bahamas .... help me choose :-D
BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: AW:: Won a Honeymoon!!!

• edited December 2011
    That's so awesome!! Congrats!   Do you know what Resorts you have to choose from?  I spent many years in travel industry.  I know the Caribbean and Mexico pretty well.
  • edited December 2011
    It wasn't one of those ones where you have to put money down or sit through a sales demo or just take 3 nights? Because I've got to warn you now, EVERYONE wins those (we see them a lot on the HM board where I mod as well) and they are massive scams.

So, as long as it's directly from a resort company and you don't have to do anything except show up.... YAY! Otherwise, run away.
  • edited December 2011
    Really good point Alyson!  Make sure the prize is through a reputable travel company! 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with alyson! I got a call too saying that I won a honeymoon and towards the end of the message she said to give her a call to schedule a demo of something and I never called back haha. It's funny because at the bridal expo show before that i won from the same company again! :) but you are super lucky if it was from a good source but be cautious and do your research :) 
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    I also won a honeymoon at a bridal expo back in April of 2009. Come to find out, I won a discount for listening to a time share presentation and had to book through a certain company where many parts of the trip cost a LOT of money. Read the terms carefully.
  • hkresgehkresge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a call saying I won a honeymoon also from this past Expo in January.
    They gave me a website to check out and I found out it was a scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards