Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Anyone use WeddingSnap?

If so, how did it work and is it worth the $129?

In case anyone's wondering, it's an app that your guests can download and every photo they take at your wedding with their smartphone gets instantly saved to your weddingsnap account - they also have a live slideshow option that will post your (wedding-appropriate) photos as your guest upload them.
"So what? So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be hard.
Really hard. But I wanna do that because I want you
- all of you, you and me, every day. Forever."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone use WeddingSnap?

• I used it and guests were actually excited to use it. I was a little surprised by that. I have been pleased with the pictures I got. That said, I bought it with a groupon type deal from Wedding Channel deals. It was about $70. I don't think I would pay full price for it. Also, from what I gather on these boards there may be a way to do it for free through sites like shutterfly. I never looked into it though. I had about 60 guests total and I probably got about 100 photos posted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to a wedding where they used it, but since the venue was at a winery kind of in the middle of nowhere, no one got service so no one posted pics! No one thought about it after the fact.
    Just something to think about if your venue has good cell reception. It was a complete waste of money for our friends. :(
  • we used it and it was great!  Our wedding was 4-5 hours away from where the majority of our friends and families live, so most people (as we had hoped) made a long weekend of it.  We encouraged everyone to take photos during the whole weekend so we could see what people did while in the area and for special events like girls spa day, rehearsal dinner, the party after the rehearsal dinner, etc.   It was great ot have instant snapshots the next day to review as well.  In total -there are probably almost 1000 photos.

We chose it in part because people seem to be ok using an app and taking photos with their phone, where uploading to certain sites seems complicated.  I did not want to be tech support for everyone using picasa, shutterfly, etc.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards