Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Monday

Good morning!  I had an extremely productive weekend.  I finished my invites, have them in the envelops, they are stamped and ready to go!  I also made wine charms for our toasting flutes as well as the flutes of everyone in the bridal party.  FInally I addressed all the envelops for the thank you notes for the wedding.  I'm feeling pretty good this week:-)  I also made trivets for my mom for her birthday. 
  I saw the movie She's out of my League this weekend.  It was cute-I loved that it was in Pittsburgh, because every place they went I had a story for.   Hope everyone has a great week!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Monday

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning, and blah, Monday. At least it is a 4 day week for me though. We had a lovely weekend- went to the kite festival on Sat., and DH got our kite up the highest it could go (end of the string). It was so neat seeing so many kites in the air at once- got some great pics. Then we went to the U.S. Botanical Gardens- gorgeous, and so interesting! Yesterday we had church and our membership interviews, which I had no reason to really be nervous about.

H- Good idea addressing the thank you note envelopes- you are way ahead of the game!
  • edited December 2011
    GM all. We found a fantastic house Friday, but it has HOA fees that are pretty steep (that include next to nothing) and DH is dragging his heels.  We're probably going to make an offer, but I doubt we'll get it.  The owner's seemed pretty firm on their asking price, and they'll be  listing it with an agent next Weds.  I'm guessing the search continues.

I had a baby shower Saturday and we went to see How to Train your Dragon in 3d imax (very cute, not worth $17 admission each though).  The baby shower was a new experience and I hope to not be KTFU for at least 5 years - lol.

I attempted to give Grigio a haircut with clippers the pet store highly recommended.  Well it didn't turn out so well, and those clippers will be going back.  Poor thing looks ridiculous and just runs around shaking.  I feel so awful.  He stayed home from daycare today he looks so ridiculous.

Happy Monday all.  Let's hope it flies by!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning everyone!

I was MIA on Friday... I had to go on an all day survey of a house that we are about to start working on (for a renovation). It was nice to get out of the office for the day while still working!

FI and I had a fabulous weekend in AC! Saturday AM we had massage appointments - it was fantastic! I wish I could get one every day! lol - then we went to Ceaser's for lunch at the Continental and to shop a bit at the Pier at Ceaser's which was fun!! Later that night we had dinner at Bobby Flay Steaks in the Borgata and it was beyond amazing! After dinner - this is where the night got very interesting! We met up with my good friend and her fiance and found out they were going to the DJ Tiesto concert later that night - they had an extra ticket so we ended up going. They had tickets in the VIP section which was absolutely nuts! We were hanging out with Jimmy Fallon! It was so crazy!! We ended up staying there until 4am! It was beyond crazy!! Needless to say - we had a wonderful weekend! :)

Heather - yay for getting so many things done!! It has to feel great to keep checking things off the list!!

Kim - sounds like you had a fun weekend! I've never heard of a kite festival before but it sounds like so much fun!! and the US Botanical Gardens sound amazing!

Bri - so sorry you are having such a hard time house hunting :( I hope you luck out soon!! And I dont know how you got your pup to stay still for a haircut! My puppy wiggles all over the place and tries to bite me if I attempt to cut her myself!! lol

Well I hope everyone has a great day!!
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning Ladies!  Boo Monday.  But this weekend was so awesome!!!  I love my wedding party! They all came over on Saturday and we did zero WR things.  lol- it was awesome
  • edited December 2011

Bri- Sorry it seems that house won't work out. Hang in there!

G- That's really cool- hope you tooks some pics with Jimmy!
    The kite festival was sponsored by the Smithsonian- it was the 44th annual this year.

• edited December 2011
    Today is one of those days I want to cuddle up on the couch in sweat pants and romantic comedies!  This weekend seemed to fly by!

Our inspection on Friday went well!! Woo! We got sushi and went to Lowes :)  We walked around the entire store dreaming about all of things we wanted to do to the house, he was looking at lawn mowers and I was more interested in paint colors and light fixtures! haha

Saturday was a very productive wedding day!  I stamped our thank you cards, created a kissing ball for the flower girl to carry, re-ordered our STDs, and decided on our guest book. 

Heather-Yay for getting your invites done!
    Kim-I bet the kite festivall was pretty neat!  .
    Bri- I hope that the house hunting starts to turn up for you! 
    GMC-What a fun weekend!  I'm glad you and FI had a great weekend!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning all,

I had such a fantastic weekend with my friends! My one friend is 6 1/2 months preganant and just adorable! I got to feel the baby move, which is always a cool experience. On Friday, we just hung out and I made enchiladas, then on Saturday we went to Eastern Market, which IMO is the best place in DC, then we went to dinner at Granville Moore's (YUM!), then yesterday we went to Drag Queen Brunch, which successfully combines my two favorite things, drag queens and brunch! Fun!

I spent a lot of money, and ate a lot this weekend, but enjoyed every moment of it!

It is so rainy here, I think I am going to try to be productive and then leave around 4:15ish. Thank goodness Congress is on recess... things are much, much quieter.

Kim- We had plans to go to the Kite Festival but skipped, I'm happy to hear that you had fun!
    Heather- Good work on all your wedding checks!
    GMC- Sounds like you had an awesome time in AC! Yay for hanging out with "stars"!
    Bri- I hope this house works out!
    Duq- Yay for house dreaming and wedding checks! I hear ya on the sititng on the couch.
    Marburs- All my friends are in my wedding party, they are the best indeed!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy explosion of random questions on the board over the weekend!

Good morning all :)  We had a fun and very productive weekend- got to see a lot of friends, went out for two delicious dinners, and got some WR stuff done.  FI bought a gorgeous new tuxedo, we picked out the men's rental tux option, planned out our honeymoon itinerary with a travel agent (first time I've ever used one and I LOVE him), booked our minimoon, and booked our bridal luncheon restaurant.  There's almost no one in my office this week because of Passover and then Easter, and I'm so excited to head home to PIttsburgh on Wednesday and have some days off!

Heather, that is so smart to address your thank-yous ahead of time.  You're always so on the ball :)
    Kim, your weekend sounds so fun!  Are your pics up on FB?
    Bri, sorry about the house frustrations.  And I'm right there with you re: babies, haha.
    Sara, I am jealousE of your bridal party hangout time!
    G, what an awesome time in AC!  So how tall was Jimmy IRL?
    Meg, yay for good house news AND wedding checks!  What is a kissing ball?
    JL, your weekend sounds awesome and I would love to go to drag queen brunch!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011

Yep, LaFemme, they are on FB. Yay for booking your HM! So where all are you going?

Jl- I have heard that Drag Queen Brunch is fun! Probably not something DH would enjoy, but maybe I will take visitors there sometime.

Meg- Glad the inspection went well! It's fun to think of your "dream home"... I do from time to time, and we're not even house hunting.

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - we really had an amazing time! I've never experienced anything like that ever before! lol - Jimmy was pretty tall! I would say he was about 6'... He was as tall as my FI and he's about 6'1 - it was so cool!! :) He was exactly like he is on TV... goofy and fun!

And SO EXCITING that you booked your HM!!! What's your itinerary?!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim, we're definitely doing Nepal and India, but Bhutan is out.  We'll fly into Delhi or Mumbai and spend a night there, then fly directly to Kathmandu.  We'll spend a day or two there, then fly on to Pokhara and do the Annapurna trek in the Himalayas for about four days.  From there, we'll fly to Goa in south India and spend a few days beachside.  We'll end up with a couple of days in Mumbai.  I'm SO excited, I can't wait to get back to India and see some beautiful mountains!

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Jenn-Your HM sounds amazing!  Not that I'm surprised since you're our resident world traveler:-)  Where are you going for your minimoon?
    Kim-Sounds like a fantastic weekend-they had the kite festival on our news (we get DC/Batlimore news) and it looked awesome~!
    JL-the drag queen brunch sounds hilarious!
    GMC-I love Atlantic City it sounds liek you had so much fun.  That's so awesome you got to hang out wiht Jimmy Fallon, he's hysterical!
    Meg-Sounds like fun finding stuff for the house-how did you do the thank yous?  I stamped mine too, so I'd love to see yours!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G, how fun!  I always assume that people on television are very short, don't know why :)  Did you take pictures?

Thanks Heather, I'm so psyched :)  We're just spending a few days at Falling Rock at Nemacolin for the mini moon- ahhh, relaxation!

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds amazing, LaFemme! Exciting times coming up for many of you- I can't wait until "wedding season" begins again- there haven't been any weddings on here for forever it seems!
  • edited December 2011
    LaFemme- Your honeymoon sounds AWESOME! Wow! Will you guys be staying in hotels or mostly tents? I'm assuming hiking will be done in tents?

Kim- FI finds Drag Queen's hilarious and they zero in on him and make him grab their "boobs" and "other things" it is funny and he is a good sport!  It can get pretty raunchy too, so you want to make sure you leave your Mom/Grandma at home. :)

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JL, we'll be staying in luxury hotels in India but a tourist-class one in Kathmandu.  In Pokhara/on the trek, you hike from tea lodge to tea lodge, so we won't be camping in tents there, but we'll be bunking in very basic lodges.  These lodges will actually be a nice change because most of the trekking I've done has been in tents, and having access to a bathroom, even if it's just a hole in the ground, is always a good thing :)

Kim, I'm so excited for wedding season to start too!  We have at least a couple of April brides!

Vacation
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - I did take pictures!! TONS of pictures! lol

your honeymoon sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you're SO excited!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards