Kentucky-Louisville

Recommendations for wedding planners in or around Louisville?

Hi knotties!  I am newly engaged and new to the knot.  I am from Louisville and my fiancee is from New York, which is where we currently live. I'm not sure where we are getting married yet, but I would like to start comparing the costs of wedding planners in different locations.

Can anyone recommend a good wedding planner/coordinator in the louisville area? TIA!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recommendations for wedding planners in or around Louisville?

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using one, so I really have no idea personally.  I would suggest a couple of things. . . weddingwire.com has good vendor listings and reviews, so check there as well as the knot's local vendors section.  Also, look at photog websites & their blogs.  Many of them list the wedding planner, if there was one.  If you see a wedding you like, note the planner & google them. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Very helpful advice!  Thanks squirrly!

edited December 2011
    No problem!  If you need other stuff than wedding planners, I might have more personal recommendations.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner was Emily Heeringa.  She trying to build her business, so she is very reasonably priced. 
    She made the wedding day go so smoothly, I could not imagine not having her there!  She helped me relax before the wedding by having someone to go over the details with and make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Squirrly - I am SURE I will need recommendations for many more things. Thanks for the offer!  Also, I love wedding wire - thanks again for that tip.

Melanie - I will check her out, thanks for the recommendation!

edited December 2011
    FKS, just an FYI - the message boards on WeddingWire SUCK.  They are full of young, immature girls with no clue about etiquette and no interest in considering their guests' comfort.  The tools on the website over there rock, but the message boards over here are SO much better.  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• edited December 2011
    I am using Alex Hunnicutt and Paul Latham, with Fleur De Lis Events & Design. They have been featured in the past two issues of Louisville Bride.  They do event planning as well as decor. Their floral designs are extraordinary and I can't wait to see what they put together for my reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using Emily Herringa. I'm nervous about using her though....I feel she might not be able to control and manage what I need since she doesnt have experience...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards