African American Weddings

HELP! Calling all natural hair brides!

Ok, so recently, I became openly natural. I haven't had a perm in about 2 1/2 yrs, just been hiding it under braids and kinky twists. Well, a few months ago, I decided to just wear my own hair out & I love it. FI loves it so much that he even requested that I have it out for the wedding. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that so we comprised and he said braids/twists are fine, just no weave or wigs & definitely NO PERMS (he is so anti-perm lol). Now, I can't for the life of me find a style that I like and that will look good with a blusher veil. So any suggestions or pics would be nice. If you need a pic of my dress, hair jewelry, and/or veil please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP! Calling all natural hair brides!

• need pic of your hair & your veil
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • these are GORGEOUS HAIRSTYLES!!!! where did you find them

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_help-calling-all-natural-hair-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d1f1886f-7b69-4232-a3ed-2f58139acff0Post:7e303a99-73d2-41bf-b7e1-ddab08aa26ee">Re: HELP! Calling all natural hair brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_help-calling-all-natural-hair-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d1f1886f-7b69-4232-a3ed-2f58139acff0Post:c55b9f59-f0ea-41d5-b8dc-6c2c1f89cd81">Re: HELP! Calling all natural hair brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]these are GORGEOUS HAIRSTYLES!!!! where did you find them In Response to Re: HELP! Calling all natural hair brides! :
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

google images "Natural hair bride"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    I know what yu mean. I have been natural since 2006, but always covered it. As soon as FI saw my natural hair, he turned into straight anti-weave/wig. Somethings call for a weave, especially if we go out and I know my hair will poof. But, I was just going to say braid it into a bun like Happy Gal's second pic. I love that.! If I hadn't locked my hair, I would go with that hairstyle myself. Its cute.!
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am loving those hairstyles..I say try one of those !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • I love all of these hairstyles. I have been natural for 6 years and I just started wearing mine curly. I usually wear it straight, but for the wedding I am thinking of wearing it in a updo or chignon of some sort...I dont want it to poof up from all the partying I am going to be doing....plus its hot in Louisiana...lol
  • stunning!
    love the headpiece

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I'm seeing some very nice pics but still nothing hitting me as "THE ONE". Pics of my hair, hair comb, & veil below. I'm gonna be busy hitting up Google for a while. Keep em coming, ladies, I really appreciate the help.

(Sorry, if the pic is kinda blurry)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I'm late but I'm a little mad at you island!!   Laughing Just when I thought I had figured out my style for the day you posted a BEAUTIFUL one!! Thanks though!! LOVE the photos ladies. 

@bsims you can also check essence.com for plenty of natural hair styles.  They recently did a natural style section for weddings that I posted a few weeks back.  Also search in the group for natural hair and you will see a few posts about this in the past that show plenty of options.
    80 said yes image
  • Oh, essence.com sounds like a great idea. I'm definitely gonna check them out. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_help-calling-all-natural-hair-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d1f1886f-7b69-4232-a3ed-2f58139acff0Post:91b093f7-2ee7-4c20-b6d0-a261002e8e22">Re: HELP! Calling all natural hair brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I'm late but I'm a little mad at you island!!    Just when I thought I had figured out my style for the day you posted a BEAUTIFUL one!! Thanks though!! LOVE the photos ladies. 
    Posted by happe2gether[/QUOTE]

Sowry.  LOL!  I fell in love with the style when I saw it too.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards