Iowa-Des Moines

Reception/ Chuch Ideas

Hi all,

I've been engaged for a week, and think i'm going to pull my hair out and elope. We are on a tight budget around 12K, and am thinking of having our reception at DSM G&CC, fortunately, we have a host. Have any of you fabulous brides/bride to be had your engagement there? We really liked Glen Oaks, but I'm not a fan of the 2 separate rooms. Any other ideas, i loved the Temple but they are a bit steep.

Okay....on to churches, I'm thinking either Plymouth Congregational or Grace United Methodist (close to drake) however, Grace has 2 aisles!!!! what is a beautiful bride to do??? Please help! Thanks.

Re: Reception/ Chuch Ideas

• edited December 2011
    You have been engaged a week and you are already pulling your hair out?  I am a little more than a week away and I am pulling my hair out.  I don't have any suggestions for you about venues I just wanted to tell you to take a deep breath and relax!
  • lizrolinglizroling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered DMGCC for the reception but it was WAY too much for our budget...we are planning on inviting about 300 people and it's at least 20 a plate, and that's the cheapest. I'm on the same budget as you, so I decided not go to have the reception there. Good luck!
  • nataliesdunnnataliesdunn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fortunately, we are looking at 150 ppl max :) Good luck on finding a reception...i think it's tough in Des Moines...not enough cute venues, that you don't have to rent for $5K.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards