North Carolina

Rehearsal Dinner Invites

Did you send invites for your rehearsal dinner??? If so, when did you send them in relationship to the wedding date?

Everyone but four members of our wedding party are from out of town. I just got an email from my FMIL asking me to include two more people for the rehearsal dinner...Rita, you can add as many as you want b/c you are paying for it.

Anyway, how do you let family members know about the dinner??

I am totally cool with sending a mass email or an evite. I have all of the email addresses b/c this is how I sent the Save-The-Date.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invites

• edited December 2011
    My MIL took care of everything, and really went all out. She had invitations printed, and she sent them out within a week or 2 of the wedding invitations going out. She did formal invitations through mail partly because so many people were from out of town and needed to make travel arrangements, and also because she invited a lot of out of town friends not involved in the wedding party.

Depending on the formality of your dinner, an evite would be fine in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    We included our RD invites in with the regular invitations for those who were invited. It was simple for us just to slip one in the envelope for guests invited & saved us some postage as well.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_rehearsal-dinner-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c2f6bfa5-316c-4bc5-9275-a004f7a5a08fPost:562026ed-54e2-4c4c-ba69-a4e1d4d0c64d">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]We included our RD invites in with the regular invitations for those who were invited. It was simple for us just to slip one in the envelope for guests invited & saved us some postage as well.
    Posted by paramedicswife[/QUOTE]

We are doing this too. I made an insert card the same size as our RSVP card, and it just gives the RD information and has a space to check attending or not attending and # of guests. I put a line at the bottom of it that says "please return with your response card"
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well darn. I wish I would have asked about this sooner. Putting the invite with the RSVP would have been slick.

I guess I will go the email/evite route. We are only taking necessary people to Snipes Farm for the rehearsal portion of Friday night. This will start at 5pm.

The food for the rehearsal dinner is being delivered to the hotel by  Daniel's. The hotel has us booked for the large conference room.  I'm guessing the start time for the meal will be 730pm. Food will be set up buffet style. I think beyond the invitee list we will have wedding guests popping by as they come and go from the hotel.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Shelly
  • edited December 2011
    I went to my cousin's RD but wasn't in the wedding party.  We were invited cause his parents were paying for it and we were traveling from out of town.  Personallly, I'm keeping my list short (only to wedding party and guests) since my FI is probably paying for it.  Thanks for the post as it gave me a good idea as to when to send out the invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent out separate invites about 4 weeks before the wedding weekend.  I bought a nice set of invitations from AC Moore and printed them on my home computer.  I think they turned out really great.

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL is hosting our RD.  She is doing an open house for everyone since it is on Saturday night and she feels it will be a good kick off to the festivities.  That fine with us.  She will prbably send out her own invite then we will put something about it on our website.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having only close family and wedding party to our rehearsal, plus a few family who are coming from out of town.  Everyone who's coming, knows they are invited and I actually just sent them out yesterday!! Oops, I kept forgetting about them.  It would have been really slick to put them with the invite too.

I designed them with publisher and it was a postcard style.  Cheaply done. I'll post a pic in a sec.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to Meredith and "Sundrop" for sharing their RD invites. I'm attempting to combine the style of the two invites into one. I'm going to do something similar to my Save-The-Date and create something in powerpoint, save it as a jpeg, and then send it as an email.

Meredith, what do you have below regrets only? Is it an email address?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards