Nebraska-Omaha

Roll Call

Just curious to see how many knotties there are posting and lurking on this board.

Wedding Date:

FI/DH's name:

Favorite wedding vendor and why?

Wedding colors:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker
TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!

Re: Roll Call

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 9, 2009

FI/DH's name: Seth

Favorite wedding vendor and why? It's hard to choose as I had a lot of good ones.  One of my favorites was Marcia and her crew that did hair and makeup.  They were a lot of fun the morning of my wedding and really relaxed me.

Wedding colors: red, turqouise, and chocolate brown
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RokkanenRokkanen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 21, 2010

FI/DH's name: Chris

Favorite wedding vendor and why? So far, it has been Chad at Abraham Catering.  He has been incredibly accomidating and he is saving us tons of money!

Wedding colors: Green and ivory
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding date: 10.10.09

DH's name: Brandon

Favorite wedding vendor adn why?  Either our venue or food.  Hy Vee did our catering and it was the best pasta bar I've ever had.  The Fountains was gorgeous hands down.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 5/29/10

FI/DH's name: Joseph

Favorite wedding vendor and why? So far our photographer (Carissa Martin) is really the only person we've worked with since booking. She is excellent and our engagement pictures turned out great. I bought my wedding dress at J Maries in Lincoln and their service went above and beyond.

Wedding colors: Plum and possibly a champagne or silver haven't quite decided.
  • akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been neglecting the Knot since the new boards were implemented. It's so slow on my computer, I don't have the patience for it! So I'm glad to see a fun post like this! It's been awhile!

Lindsay-I didn't know you ended up getting your dress at Black Tie. Glad you enjoyed your service there so far! That's also where I got my dress and that's my hometown :)

Wedding Date: July 31, 2010

FI/DH's name: Tyler

Favorite wedding vendor and why? I haven't really had much contact with any of them since booking. I would say Black Tie White Satin. I purchased my dress there and it was a great experience.

Wedding colors: Dark purple and green.
  • klkoesterklkoester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 8/14/10

FI/DH's name:Ford

Favorite wedding vendor and why?My Hairstylist- Mellissa King- JB's Salon and Day Spa.. she has been my stylist forever and is getting me super excited for the big day with all her plans for my hair!

Wedding colors:Black, White, Red
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  June 12, 2010

FI's Name:  Brett

Favorite Wedding Vendor:  Our photographer did a wonderful job with our engagment pictures.

Wedding Colors:  Dark pink, sage green, white
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 15, 2010

FI/DH's name: Casey

Favorite wedding vendor and why? Our photographer, Lesley Knox.  She was great during our engagement session, getting my FI into the pics & smiling, something he hates doing, & has helped me with other details of my wedding, when I have issues with other vendors.

Wedding colors: dark purple, silver, & accents of yellow
    Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  10.02.09

FI/DH's name: Ben

Favorite wedding vendor and why?  Michael Walker, Vintage Vocalist. He was the perfect vocalist/entertainer for our reception. Kept things moving smoothly, sang beautifully, and was an entertaining--though not intrusive--singer. 

Wedding colors: Dark red, chocolate, and light blue.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • dbrym1dbrym1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: October 10, 2009

FI/DH's name: Tyler

Favorite wedding vendor and why? I LOVED our photographer, Allison Garrett.  She was amazing to work with, very accomodating to our crazy ideas and I am so happy with our pictures!

Wedding colors: Black, white, and fuschia
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 5, 2010

Favorite wedding vendor and why? I haven't worked with many vendors other than booking them.  However, we are getting married and having reception at A View in Fontenelle Hills.  They have been so accomodating with letting me bring different people numerous times and asking 50 million questions about decor and whatever.  Everyone has been super sweet!

Wedding colors: Tangerine w/ pink, blue, green, and purple accents
  • shandianeshandiane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wedding Date:  November 27, 2010

FI/DH's Name:  Mike

Favorite Wedding Vendor and Why?  Haven't worked with all that many yet, so far our church and reception are the only things booked!  (DC Centre)

Wedding Colors:  Gold and either white or ivory plus ruby red accents.

• lindaeadslindaeads member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, new to the boards as of today

Wedding Date:11-13-10

FI/DH's name:Joseph

Favorite wedding vendor and why?Haven't started looking yet

Wedding colors:Clover and grey-ish silver

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: December 11,2010

FI/DH's name: Philip

Favorite wedding vendor and why? It is between Scoular Buiding Ballroom and Black Tie White Satin, both are great people to work with!

Wedding colors: Red & Ivory with a hint of gold!
    Philip && Tinya 12.11.10
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:1634ced3-7182-47b7-b809-09a27d6fabf1Post:c5742176-fc24-4893-be03-c319b8e055c7">Re: Roll Call</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, new to the boards as of today Wedding Date:11-13-10 FI/DH's name:Joseph Favorite wedding vendor and why?Haven't started looking yet Wedding colors:Clover and grey-ish silver
    Posted by lindaeads[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the boards!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I dont check this as often as I could so I am a little late....

Wedding Date:05.06.2011

FI/DH's name:Matt

Favorite wedding vendor and why? So far our venue the fountains ballroom as it is the only vendor we have booked.

Wedding colors:Blue, brown and cream
  • mikenjess113mikenjess113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:10/02/10

FI/DH's name:Michael

Favorite wedding vendor and why?So far I would have to say J Maries Bridal in Lincoln.  The girl I have been working with there is GREAT!

Wedding colors:Brown with lime green and hot pink accents
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 6.25.11

FI/DH's name: Chad

Favorite wedding vendor and why? I haven't started planning much yet.

Wedding colors: Black, Red, and White.. unless we change our minds. It's kind of common and that's the only thing that bothers me.
  • lisa5556817lisa5556817 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:07.24.10

FI/DH's name:Jeremy

Favorite wedding vendor and why? I haven't really worked with too many vendors after booking them..

Wedding colors:Blue and yellow

• tricklet17tricklet17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: Oct. 9, 2010

FI's name: Tim (new to wedding lingo, what is DH?)

Favorite wedding vendor and why? So far, it's been Amy from Bandstand Music. She's been so helpful in answering all my questions, even if they have nothing to do with DJ'ing! My photographer, Toberlin Photography has been great to work with also .. In talking with him, he's tried to get an idea of what I like. I had some pictures taken with him as a gift for my FI and he is great at making you feel comfortable.

Wedding colors: fushia and teal, my favorites!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH is darling or dear husband for us married gals
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Wedding Date: Oct. 18, 2010

FI's name: Talis

Favorite wedding vendor and why? I don't have a favorite yet since I just started booking everything...but aside from me (I'm a coordinator) I would say whoever can keep me sane on my day so I can step aside and be the bride and not feel like I need to put my coordinator shoes on! lol

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: August 1, 2009

FI/DH's name: Daniel

Favorite wedding vendor and why? Bradley Jensen was our photographer, and he was amazing!!

Wedding colors: clover and tea rose
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 9-25-10

Favorite wedding vendor and why? We just booked our photographer and I love her already. We are using Allure Photographic. Lani is sweet and she had my fiance laughing during our get together, which is a plus because he is super shy.

Wedding colors: Navy and lime green or brown and Tiffany blue.
  • edited December 2011
    oH i didnt include my wedding colors..we are going with fall colors for the decor..reds, oranges, yellows, with some brown and gold accents..the bm dresses are going to be choc. brown with a camel colored sash and the flower girl dresses are the opposite and everyone will have brightly colored orange, red yellow flowers..=0)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also new to the boards!

Date: 12/31/10
    FI: Zach

Just starting to plan, I'm torn between the Scoular and Fountains ballroom.  Anyone have any feedback on either?  We will be viewing both on Saturday so I'm excited!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_roll-call?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:1634ced3-7182-47b7-b809-09a27d6fabf1Post:f2cab39d-6c73-44e7-9deb-95749031c6c4">Re: Roll Call</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also new to the boards! Date: 12/31/10 FI: Zach Just starting to plan, I'm torn between the Scoular and Fountains ballroom.  Anyone have any feedback on either?  We will be viewing both on Saturday so I'm excited!
    Posted by Idans4u57[/QUOTE]

I looked at both Scoular and Fountains and decided on Scoular because Fountains was still pretty new when I booked my venue and wasn't really organized yet.  Fountains would be great if you want an outdoor ceremony.  With Fountains, though, you have to use them as your photographer so if you wanted somebody else, then go with Scoular.  You'll have a better idea once you visit them on Saturday.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards