Michigan-Detroit
Options

Telephone RSVP company

Friends of ours used a telephone RSVP hotline. I called the other day.. It was pretty easy. They saved a ton on rsvp cards and stamps.

Anyone used this option?

Do you have a recommendation?  ***I should have said recommendation for a company you've used***

Does anyone know about how much it costs?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com

Re: Telephone RSVP company

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! That's pretty cool....I've never heard of this before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me either.. and I can't find any cost info online.. I did find myrsvplive.com. I'm waiting for a quote.

Sounds like a great way to save money and be ultra organized.

• Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wondering how much money it will really save in the grand scheme of things.  The total cost of the RSVP cards and postage for 160 invites was about $175.  And personally, I like the note card as proof -- I would be worried that the online service would make errors. 

Also, it's a little less personal IMO.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right, Julie.  I think some people like to write little notes on their RSVP cards, or am I mistaken??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd be curious to know the cost. RSVP's weren't that expensive so it'd have to be pretty darn cheap to be an actual savings.

One other thing, we found a lot of people actually wrote nice notes to us on the RSVP which was really sweet to read as they came in and we can save them. Just something that you don't get from a phone call.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like the idea of getting the responses back in the mail, for keepsakes. Plus I'm a control freak and don't like delegating important things (like RSVP's) to someone else, much less a company.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_telephone-rsvp-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:0c5e44e9-162f-4903-ad68-022515182ec4Post:bac6820d-a546-4fbe-9b7c-b3a34744ffe8">Re: Telephone RSVP company</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are right, Julie.  I think some people like to write little notes on their RSVP cards, or am I mistaken??
    Posted by mybestfriendsfuturemrs[/QUOTE]

For my sister's wedding, she got a lot of notes -- especially for the people who weren't able to make that.  You wouldn't get that added touch with a phone RSVP. 
    Also, I wonder how it would track meal options, special dietary needs, cases when some are RSVPing yes and some are RSVPing no.

Even if it were cheaper, I don't think the savings would justify it.  For me anyway...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well - the cheapest is $50..the midlevel is $150 and the top is $215. I just got the quotes back..
    It's not for everyone.. but I wasn't going to be in charge of the list anyway - so whether my planner or a company does it makes me no difference.

I think both the midlevel and the highlevel plans offer the option for people to leave the couple a message.

My rsvp cards, envelopes and stamps were going to cost me around $224 for 200 people - not to mention - the $100 I was going to have to pay to have our planner manage them. So - for me.. It saves me time and energy and I can rest assured that I have both and online list and a paper list the day of..

Oh - and the service calls all of your guests to remind them to RSVP. Can't beat it.

• Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_telephone-rsvp-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:0c5e44e9-162f-4903-ad68-022515182ec4Post:8dba0451-f908-40f7-a20e-7ddc145fb4d7">Re: Telephone RSVP company</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well - the cheapest is $50..the midlevel is $150 and the top is $215. I just got the quotes back.. It's not for everyone.. but I wasn't going to be in charge of the list anyway - so whether my planner or a company does it makes me no difference. I think both the midlevel and the highlevel plans offer the option for people to leave the couple a message. My rsvp cards, envelopes and stamps were going to cost me around $224 for 200 people - not to mention - the $100 I was going to have to pay to have our planner manage them. So - for me.. It saves me time and energy and I can rest assured that I have both and online list and a paper list the day of.. <strong>Oh - and the service calls all of your guests to remind them to RSVP. Can't beat it.</strong>
    Posted by DetroitGyrl[/QUOTE]

Is this optional??  I would definitely consider this.  Personally, I wouldn't want an automated machine calling my guests, and I would be weirded out if I was a guest.  It sucks that people can't RSVP on time, but I think a personal call might be more well-received.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_telephone-rsvp-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:0c5e44e9-162f-4903-ad68-022515182ec4Post:8dba0451-f908-40f7-a20e-7ddc145fb4d7">Re: Telephone RSVP company</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well - the cheapest is $50..the midlevel is $150 and the top is $215. I just got the quotes back.. It's not for everyone.. but I wasn't going to be in charge of the list anyway - so whether my planner or a company does it makes me no difference. I think both the midlevel and the highlevel plans offer the option for people to leave the couple a message. My rsvp cards, envelopes and stamps were going to cost me around $224 for 200 people - not to mention - the $100 I was going to have to pay to have our planner manage them. So - for me.. It saves me time and energy and I can rest assured that I have both and online list and a paper list the day of.. Oh - and the service calls all of your guests to remind them to RSVP. Can't beat it.
    Posted by DetroitGyrl[/QUOTE]

After getting your quote back, I don't think it's at all reasonable. For your own RSVPs, try to eliminate the envelope. Make a postcard. That's what we did. It saved on paper and it was only $.28 vs $.42 or whatever it is now. As for paying someone to manage your guest list, it must just be me, but I would not want anyone managing it. $100 seems like a complete waste of money to have a planner manage the guest list. It's fairly simple to create a spreadsheet and mark people's names off as you get RSVPs. I could even send you the template if you're interested. Save your money and use that $100 elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes - it's optional to have them call your guests who haven't rsvp'd.. and the company that my friends used - accuratersvp is only a live person. There is nothing automated about it.

Thanks Corinne.. But managing my gueslist is one of the things I just told myself I wasn't going to do. I don't have meal choices - so I was one step away from telling people to call with regrets only.. but I would like a final count of plus ones.. so - I'm going with a service that will handle that for me. With all the DIY stuff I have on my plate.. my guestlist will have to be in the hands of someone else.

So for the knotties that don't want to handle their own guestlist - this is another option.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still wondering if anyone has used a company like this? What was your experience? Thanks.

• Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it a voicemail sort of thing? the only concern i would have would be people calling in not speaking clearly.
    When i was doing my sister's shower RSVP's, her Fi's side is German, and have very strong accents. many people i couldn't understand them if they left a voicemail- so just something to consider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    You might want to post on the invites board to see if other people have used something like this...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    will do. great idea. Thanks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like a great idea!  I checked out the demos for both companies mentioned above.  RSVPlive.com is all recorded, but they include options for directions, registries, hotels, etc.  AccurateRSVP.com is a live person, and would seem preferable to me.  According to their demo, they also have options to include directions, etc.  For me, RSVP cards run about $60, plus postage of $33, but accurateRSVP.com is only $35 ($.50 per invite, but they charge again for second calls).  Plus, they include free follow-ups for non-responders.  So, not only is this cheaper, but much less stress for me!  I'm not looking forward to the follow-ups, or explaining why they can't bring all 5 kids. 

Sorry, OP, I have no personal experience with this, but am very grateful you posted about this!  I'd never heard of such a thing.
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty neat!  I never knew these companies existed. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the dish, I just got a quote from Myrsvpline.com. They have 3 packages, Silver, Gold and Platinum.  Silver is $85, Gold is $150 and Platinum is $215.  My wedding will be on the smaller side (100 people) so at that price, I'll be using postcards or change my cell phone message to act like my personal rsvp line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards