Options

MOB wants to wear THIS:

2»

Re: MOB wants to wear THIS:

• Options
    sperbunkisperbunki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I can't even get through reading all the posts without being confused. Yes, your mother is an adult, but there is a time and a place to run around wearing "whatever you want" and part of being an ADULT is having the common sense and social graces to decipher those occasions. She doesn't have to look mantronly or mom-ish (I mean, it would be funny to see her pull up in a minivan with soccer magnents on the back wearing THAT dress - but still) 

I guess I have a soft spot for you my dear because my mother is the epitome of tacky. It's one thing to let your mother wear "what she wants" - but the other issue is that she isn't honoring your special day by listening to your opinion. I mean, are there only like 3 dresses to choose from? Nope! Of the thousands of dresses out there she can certainly find one that is both sexy/stylish without being trashy. OH and I totally get the no bra things - my mom does it and it drives me CRAZY at family functions. (I'm like, um your crabeyes are staring at us mom - GROSS!)

So, I think you need a mom intervention. Beg and plead with her to reconsider. If all else fails tell her that if she orders the dress and has it altered and it's super innapropriate that you want her to promise to change the style. (I would pipe up and offer to pay for it!) 

Otherwise you're screwed. Let her wear what she wants to the grocery store - this dress is totally inappropriate for a wedding. Even better - tell her to wear it to the Bachelorette Party! woop woop! 

April
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sperbunkisperbunki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See, I don't even think it's about age appropriate - that dress is WEDDING inappropriate. While her mom may be a total babe in the dress, she still does not feel it's appopriate for her wedding. I don't think age or body type even come into play - it's more about wearing something a little more tasteful. Again, there are thousands of dresses out there that are sassy/sexy and would great on a woman of any age AND appropriate for a formal ceremony. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    since she doesn't care what you think, be sneaky about it, wait until the day of the wedding and assign someone to hide the dress she picked out and have the dress you want her to wear ready for her to wear. Im kinda joking but maybe not
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards