Snarky Brides

Some girls just suck at life. Vent.

Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:3bc4d436-bf73-4e9f-a285-e86fdf70ff80">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What the fuuck? IMO, your FI is a biitch for refusing to deal with it and using his fear of looking like a biitch as an excuse.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I was thinking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:d82dc357-505b-4808-b3fd-f0df22a35d67">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is all kinds of fucked up. Im curious why you havnt reported/documented all of this stuff as it has been happening. Im almost positive if you had of actually acted rather than sat back on your haunches and hoped for the best, it would already be taken care of.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought she would have given up by now. I didn't expect the craziness to continue as long as it has. We have everything wrote down and documented. We do live beside her parents now and would rather not be fueding neighbors for as long as we live here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:2e6f1900-9b64-485b-805b-02419c640881">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>He said it makes him sound like a "bitch" if he's the one that gets it.</strong> The last time we went up to the courthouse we were told that until we have proof, other than the call about me abusing Cam, the order won't last more than 30 days. But, after some great suggestions, we WILL be buying a camera tonight. From my understanding, she wasn't anything like she is now.
    Posted by MissDuke2012[/QUOTE]

He needs to get over that... and start thinking about the welfare of his family... yes she's crazy now, but she could get worse, especially as your wedding day approaches and he's "gone forever" in her eyes.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:3bc4d436-bf73-4e9f-a285-e86fdf70ff80">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What the fuuck? IMO, your FI is a biitch for refusing to deal with it and using his fear of looking like a biitch as an excuse.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yep... I agree with this here.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

^^ If you want a Cliffs notes of my last post before this, here you go.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:26de1e5e-6943-44cb-937e-ac9477c9aa06">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent. : He just thinks if he's the one that gets the restraining order that it'll look like he can't protect his family. Like he's a whimpy guy that can't handle his own.

So protecting you from the crazy lady <em>isn't</em> a priority for him? He sounds great. Maybe next time she'll steal your dog and poison it too. Oh, oh, oh, and maybe pour sugar in your gas tank and cause thousands of dollars' worth of damage. But at least he won't look like a wimp, and that's the important thing!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:a85fda2e-0844-47b1-ad53-03808a13e4a5">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent. : I honestly thought she would have given up by now. I didn't expect the craziness to continue as long as it has. We have everything wrote down and documented. We do live beside her parents now and <strong>would rather not be fueding neighbor</strong>s for as long as we live here.
    It sounds like you already are if they are threatening you with legal action if you step on their property and someone living in their residence is tormenting you and they are doing nothing to keep the peace.
  • Yeah like PP said, your FI needs to get over it. He'd rather put the safety of his family in jeopardy rather than get a friggin restraining order. That's ridiculous. if you can't trust someone to not hurt you, steal from you, break into your home, etc, then he needs to stop worrying about looking like a "bitch." Put this girl in her place before it gets really out of hand.
  • When I hear stories like this, I always feel like there is a lot more to it that we're not getting. It's just too crazy to  believe.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:93d6ff5a-4ddb-4d04-bfa8-9edc096d7f2a">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes! We did get him back. Being that her parents are our neighbors, we've been trying to just wait it out. Thinking she would eventually give up.

unfortunately there are parents that no matter the age of their child...that child does NO wrong...and obviously when the Fi tried to go over and rationalize he was threatened they may be this type

definitely document everything you can - get video  or pictures (may want a security system if you dont have one)

and def call the police...

find out what your states law is on harrassment - i know wisconsin is 2 types of unwanted contact in an undetermined period constitutes harrassment

if you can get a restraining order i would....the FI too

sorry some people suck - been there the crazy ex tried getting me fired from a job - really??
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I've said this. Numerous times.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:1c8a9892-44ea-4f7a-a366-c23190f06f0f">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent. : I've said this. Numerous times.

And what is his reaction? Is he not concerned for the safety of your family?
  • If her parents threatened him with calling the police if he set foot on their property when he just wanted to civilly address the problems their daughter's causing, I really don't see how anybody's going to be on good terms anyway at this point. 

They've taken their stand on the issue, they clearly aren't interested in talking like adults.  So I'd be taking to calling the cops every time their daughter even looks at your house the wrong way from now on.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:1cb6b6ed-8382-4409-8585-a8d1e5f3399f">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I hear stories like this, I always feel like there is a lot more to it that we're not getting. It's just too crazy to  believe.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

This.  I don't understand why she hasn't pursued a civil no-contact order herself, especially if she's worried for her child and can't convince FI to do anything. 
  • I think you should have him read this, so he can realize everyone thinks he's acting like a biitch now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:1c8a9892-44ea-4f7a-a366-c23190f06f0f">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent. : I've said this. Numerous times.

Then I guess you know how you rate in his book -- not very high. Good luck with that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:1cb6b6ed-8382-4409-8585-a8d1e5f3399f">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I hear stories like this, I always feel like there is a lot more to it that we're not getting. It's just too crazy to  believe.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I had never met this girl until now. Never said anything to her, never done anything to her. She broke up with FI for another guy, actually she cheated on him with his best friend. Same thing.

I have heard from former BF's of hers, that this is pretty normal behavior when a relationship ends. Her brother said she's on Seroquil. But thats just hear say.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:9da3c896-17c3-4275-9118-96cddbbb969b">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should have him read this, so he can realize everyone thinks he's acting like a biitch now.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. He should see that a slew of women believe he's more of a whiney little bitch for <strong>not</strong> getting a restraining order.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:9da3c896-17c3-4275-9118-96cddbbb969b">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should have him read this, so he can realize everyone thinks he's acting like a biitch now.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

This. Get him on SB and show him how stupid he's being.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:a249b0c6-5019-4a37-b03b-06375d72865b">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent. : I had never met this girl until now. Never said anything to her, never done anything to her. She broke up with FI for another guy, actually she cheated on him with his best friend. Same thing. I have heard from former BF's of hers, that this is pretty normal behavior when a relationship ends. Her brother said she's on Seroquil. But thats just hear say.

How long have they been broken up? It's one thing to be a little crazy right after a break up, but this takes it to a whole other level.
  • This has been going on for two maybe three weeks. We have been to the courthouse and they pretty much tell us until we have hard evidence we'll be wasting our time, money, and theirs too.

The restraining order issue, well heres the problem, it covers FI. When he leaves, its fair game. Most judges won't even grant a RO to men. I just called the Sherriff's Department, and thats what I was told.
  • he was 15 when they broke up, he's 23 now.
  • I would call an attorney if I were you. There's got to be more you can do. Where in NC are you?
  • Sanford, south of raleigh.
  • You need to pursue this restraining order situation more.  She's not just threatening him, she's threatening/harassing his entire family.  Just file for a PO and at least make the judge hear you, but make sure you have a record of everything she's done.

Once you have the PO, if she steps foot near your house (or your child- many states can include children in a PO) you call the police and have her arrested.  Without a PO, the police are not as likely to arrest her.  When she violates the PO, she's violating a court order and can be put in jail even if the underlying action (e.g. ringing your doorbell or calling you) is not a crime.
  • you need to get the police involved before things get worse....i once had a neighbor who did not like the fact that my mom was a lesbian so he would harass us until one day (after he had to put his dog to sleep) he threw pieces of steak laced with rat poison over our back fence and killed both of my moms dogs. After that we had a friend do a steak out of our neighborhood because we put up signs telling the rest of our neighbors that someone had killed our dogs so they need to keep their dogs inside and we have him on video going around the neighborhood taking down every single flyer....he was evicted.

be careful this hoodrat sounds like a loony toon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • And FWIW, I have gotten a restraining (Like I said). I didn't feel good about doing it, I kept feeling guilty that I was going to "ruin my ex's life" or something like that if I got one. I should have gotten one a long time before I actually did.

He constantly followed me places and made threats, and multiple times he did hurt me. It got even worse when I started dating DH, but I was too afraid to let people know I couldn't control the situation, so I pretended it wasn't happening.

It got to a point where my ex's behavior started branching out and he started stalking and making threats to DH, and at that point I had to come clean that I'd been lying to him for the first several months of our relationship (And he almost-deservingly-broke up with me for it). It was when DH stopped being safe that I had to "man up" and take action against him. It was one thing for him to hurt me (Although I will never be stupid enough to tolerate something like that again), but it was quite another to put somebody else that I cared about in harm's way.

Being nice wasn't getting me anywhere, and he was trying to ruin my life, so why should I have been feeling so concerned for him, when he was the one being a bad person?

My only regret is waiting so long to get one.

• edited July 2010
    Filing a restraining order IS taking care of it himself. The law is there to protect you. This woman has basically driven you out of your house.

FWIW, most restraining orders start as temporary. My friend has a restrainging order against her ex. It started as a 30 day order, then she went to court and it was approved for another 7 months. In CA they can only approve it for up to 2 years at a time, but if you can prove you still need it (like, she's still living next door) you can get it renewed.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • To answer your question, she acts like this because it's fun for her and you allow it basically, no reason for her to stop, she is probably still hung up on your fiance or bitter about her own relationship status, I would have already taken legal action on her or honestly beat her ass...take your pick  Wink

(Um, she called the police on you saying you beat her daughter ?)  I would so beat her ass....but if you're not into violence, call the police 24/7 on her ass until she gets legally removed from your neighborhood or gives up on making your life miserable...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_girls-just-suck-life-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f4dd6b6c-c9f7-4241-a894-478c0df964c0Post:91ac7367-07c9-4cba-850f-df782173cff1">Re: Some girls just suck at life. Vent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]To answer your question, she acts like this because it's fun for her and you allow it basically, no reason for her to stop, she is probably still hung up on your fiance or bitter about her own relationship status, I would have already taken legal action on her or honestly beat her ass...take your pick  (<strong>Um, she called the police on you saying you beat her daughter</strong> ?)  I would so beat her ass....but if you're not into violence, call the police 24/7 on her ass until she gets legally removed from your neighborhood or gives up on making your life miserable...
    Posted by loop0406[/QUOTE]

No, saying I beat MY daughter. There wasn't even an investigation done, the police came out took one look at Cam without  clothes on and left. They knew it was a load of crock. Good thing she didn't have that bite then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards