Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Is customization possible in Vegas? *long*

Hello all :) I'm from Cali and am planning an 80's themed Vegas Wedding! We would like to have a sand ceremony (I am DIY-ing it all), and 80's decor(think bright columns from Oriental Trading), and our own flowers. Basically, we are willing to bring just about everything...we just need a place to have it! Preferably a hotel that also has a reception space......which can also be customizable, we're bringing our own diy photo booth and we want to hire a karaoke dj. I've just started in my research and it seems like you can have an extravegant weddding or a drive-thru wedding, but nothing in between. We have about 75 guests (inviting 90 but I'm betting not all will show, and more thn 20 are children). Oh yeah, also we are including children in everything, I really want a children's table at the reception. Just posting to see if anyone local knows of any awesome places that I could use for a ceremony and reception site that will let me customize it. I mean i would love to have it all in a hotel off the strip, but they all have "packages" does anyone know if they will take $$ off since I'm not using their flowers or photographer? any advice/suggestions will be helpful :) -Christy

Re: Is customization possible in Vegas? *long*

• Options
    Hotels probably won't let you bring all of that mainly because they have weddings back to back sometimes. Especially busier wedding venues. You can probably do something like that off the strip though like at one of the country clubs. The photo booth you could probably do. Usually to use outside flowers and photographers you have to pay an outside vendor fee ranging anywhere from $100-$350 depending on the venue. But judging by what you want to do I think a play like a country club would be best.

Here is a list of venues that aren't in hotels. http://www.vegasgroom.com/45/
  • Options
    Start contacting places, I'm sure you could do something like that.  The majority hotels have some type of reception space some more than others and most have different sizes and I'm sure different cost structures.  You could do your ceremony in their chapel on site or do some place else and then just have the party there, the skys are the limits.  I'm sure there will be some restrictions but I'm sure photobooths and 80s themes should be fine for most of those places.
  • Options
    For something like that you'll want to avoid dealing with hotel chapels, go directly to their group events coordinators and ask them the cost to reserve a ball room, or two.  You could decorate one for ceremony and one for reception.  If you're willing to go off strip, you could save a lot, for example, the Palms has some excellent events staff, just no real wedding-specific staff, and it would be a lot cheaper than on-strip.  You can bring in your own officiant so that won't be an issue, then maybe get the rooms a day or two in advance and decorate them however you want.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We booked a ballroom @ Caesars and the only thing required to have the room was that it had to be catered by them. The space was an empty canvas to do with whatever we wanted. I hired an outside decor company to decorate, but you can do whatever you like whether you diy or hire others to decorate. I was totally pleased with our reception, and the food was delicious.
  • Options
    We got married at the Platinum and were able to customize everything. They are just off the strip (about a block)
    Food has to be by them but we brought in all of our other vendors and DIY-ed a bunch of things as well. Our friend officiated the wedding. DH built out backdrop and designed all our lighting (uplighting and color washes) We brought a family friend to DJ (he's a pro in LA/OC)

GL
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We are getting married at the Bellagio and we are going through the catering department, NOT the chapel.  The Chapel controls the Chapel (obviously) as well as a terrace that overlooks the Bellagio fountains.  However, you can get married on the Grand Patio at the Bellagio, which is a covered outdoor space in back overlooking the pool area.  Our reception will be in the Monet ballroom which is has indoor space as well as outdoor patio space. 

Bellagio requires us to use their catering (for food, beverage and cake), as well as Bellagio's technical services department for lighting.  Otherwise, we can basically do what we please in terms of outside flowers, DJ, photography, etc.  Definitely reach out to the catering / event side of each hotel, and NOT the Chapel, if you are looking for flexibility.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lgoin1lgoin1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    the Historic Fifth Street School!  It's downtown (close to hotels), you have a choice of the auditorium, courtyard or gallery.  They have tables already too (and a grand piano in the auditorium AND the gallery).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards