Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Gatehouse open house review

I just got back from an open house event at the Gatehouse. I am SO GLAD we booked that location. Our wedding is next month, and the food was FANTASTIC. That was the #1 thing we wanted to know for sure.

The second great thing: the service was also fantastic! We sat outside on the patio (which, by the way, was very comfortable even as warm as it was today... the fans and mini air conditioners really help!). FI and his parents and I were the only people out there, and the servers brought out every single tray of food they had so we could get a little of everything. They were all very courteous and were able to answer all of our questions about the dishes. The bartender was very sweet and when I asked what the options were, she told me what items were available, which are included, and which are an upgrade from the standard package. That was great to know!

The cake (from Gambino's) was AWESOME.

Laura and Christy were so helpful, too. They came over to us a few times to see if we had any questions or concerns. When I went to thank Laura at the end of the event, she was super-nice and told me about our next meeting. She even reminded me that it's sneaking up and I should call her to make an appointment. I am so glad she reminded me, I almost forgot! lol

The key is, I didn't feel that I was less important than the ladies who hadn't booked yet. I didn't feel like since they already have my money, they no longer care to impress me. What I DID feel is appreciated, special, and very important! Laura and Christy both recognize me and know who I am, when my wedding is, and what my fiance's name is. I felt so incredibly welcome. I can't wait for my wedding! And that's saying a lot, because the planning has been pretty darn stressful!

They have a lot of new packages and upgrades. It really is an inclusive sort of place. They do the catering, the DJ, the coordinator, the decorating, the bar, the cake (they order it from Gambino's), and I can't even remember what else. Their basic package is very affordable (we're paying $32 per person and the amount goes down the more guests you have).

The only drawback is the size: it's kind of small. The Gatehouse would be perfect for 100 guests or less. Any more would be a bit crowded.

Anyway, that's just my experience so far. I hope this is helpful to those of you still looking for a venue!
Anniversary

Re: Gatehouse open house review

• edited December 2011
    that's awesome! i'm getting married there next week in april and am so excited and this post just hleped to reinforce that excitement!
  • Cherry0109Cherry0109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a few wedding at the gatehouse and have always been very impressed with the food and the service!  Enjoy it ladies!!
  • edited December 2011

Can you tell me the minium for the gatehouse?

He calls me his little one. :)

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    As far as I know, they don't have a minimum PRICE, per se. I think the minimum number of guests for a Friday is 75, and Saturday may be 100. You should probably check with Laura or Christy to make sure. They may be able to do something smaller. They are very good about customizing things to your needs.

The website is www.stage1gatehouse.com and they will email you a price list and menu options.

Just to put it in perspective, my WHOLE WEDDING will probably end up costing between $10,000-$11,000. That's everything- flowers, dress, photography, Gatehouse, etc. I'll have around 100-120 guests. I think we're managing a great wedding for a very reasonable price.

I am really, REALLY happy with my experience so far. I hope this helps you out.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting married there on a friday with between 50 and 60 guests, so it can be done with a smaller number of people.
  • KaylaO2010KaylaO2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there on October 9!  So super excited.  I am unsure how many guests will show up, but it will be less than the max of 150.  I'm thinking right around 100.  So it may be a tad crowded, but that'll just make it more fun and exciting!  Really great people that work there.  They have been very nice and helpful thus far.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next June and am already excited!  How was everyone's experience there?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_gatehouse-open-house-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:ed6c512c-15b1-4335-b631-6296440dccffPost:b9a01a50-9750-443f-865b-f46b587a271f">Re: Gatehouse open house review</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married there next June and am already excited!  How was everyone's experience there?
    Posted by ashley1037[/QUOTE]

Hey, Ashley! My wedding was fantastic! I replied to your PM and I also have a rough wedding bio in my signature. No professional photos yet-- but I should have them soon and I'll be sure to update my bio with them!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards