Getting in Shape

40 lbs and Progress Pics

So I just had my first dress fitting a week ago and it was amazing!  When I ordered my dress in early December I had already lost a little over 20 pounds.  I've lost just over 40 pounds now.  I just had to share the december photo and last weeks.  I can't wait to wear the dress again and so glad I made the decision to order a size smaller back in December knowing my training would pay off :)

Re: 40 lbs and Progress Pics

• Congrats! The dress looks amazing on you! Thanks for sharing the progress pics, they are something I love to see:)
  • You look absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

• You look incredible!!! Well done!!  Your dress looks great on you!!
    I love seeing progress pics too- it helps to envision change!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! I thought you looked beautiful in the first pic...then I scrolled down. You looke absolutely stunning!! Congrats!!!!
  • Congratulations! You look beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WOW! Congrats you look absolutely gorgeous!
  • Congrats! and beautiful!
  • tayliataylia member
    First Comment
    Wow you look great I'm just starting my wt loss plan and you are an inspiration! what did you do?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JA2003JA2003 member
    First Comment
    Holy wow!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING HONEY!!!!! The dress looks fab on you, and I can't wait for your FI's mouth to drop when he sees you in it, congrats!
    "We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Congratulations!! What a big difference! You look absolutely gorgeous in your dress, and you're definitely an inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Anniversary
  • Wow! Keep up the hard work! - It seriously looks like two different people lol 
  • Great job!! You look so amazing! Thanks for the motivation :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • You look beautiful!  Congrats on your progress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WOW WOW WOW! That's exactly how much I want to lose. You've totally inspired me. Thanks so much for sharing this!
  • FABULOUS!!  That dress fits you perfectly and it looks so good on your body.  You must be so proud of yourself!  Thanks for the pics :)
  • Congrats!! I ordered my dress and can't fit it, and it can't be really taken in too much so i'm nervous,  but I got 2 years till our wedding to get in shape, if only I could get the motivation too...lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're an inspiration!  You look beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! So amazing- congratulations on all the hard work really paying off. This is very inspiring for many people I am sure! :)
  • jennOKjennOK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Love the before and after. You look great! Gives me motivation to begin my weightloss plan tomorrow.
  • Thanks everyone! :)  It definitely feels good to see all my  hard work paying off.  For my weight loss, I joined my local gym and started with a personal trainer.  I see her twice a week (Saturday AM and Tuesday PM)  to do strength training and she gives me a copy of one of the days plans to do on my own on Thursdays.  I do an hour of cardio the other days, usually 2 or 3 days a week.  Usually for cardio I do intervals, either 30 second sprint/30 second slow with 5 minute rest every 6-7 minutes or intervals of 6 minutes hard, 2 minute recovery.  I usually switch up the machines from elliptical, arc trainer, recumbent bike, or walking on the treadmill on an incline.  I wish I could run, but I had to go to physical therapy for lower back and IT band issues and its just not any better, so low impact cardio for now. 

For me diet, I don't even consider it a diet.  Its just a lifestyle change.  I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day, focusing on lean protien, fruits and veggies, whole grains, and healthy fats.  I was doing about 40% protien, 30% fat, 30% carb.   Its also been a huge help that my fiance likes to eat healthy and is on board for cooking healthy meals.  We make a meal plan for the week on Sundays and go grocery shopping together, being sure to avoid unhealthy extras.  We even had a lady in line behind us say "Man, I thought I was eating healthy until I saw what they were buying!"... too funny! 

One word of wisdom for you ladies is to measure yourself once a month.  Nothing is more motivating than to see those inches lost.  When I hit a rough spot or feel like I've lost motivation, when its time to measure again, I get such a lift from those results!  Even if its 1/4" from my upper arm or 1/2" from my thigh it pushes me to keep going. 

Good luck to all of you in your fitness efforts!  You can definitely achieve your goals, just stick with it! :)
  • you look awesome!!!!!!!

great job! !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • Congrats! You look amazing!  I'm new to the "Getting in Shape" boards and your pictures are inspiring to me.  Helps me keep my "eyes on the prize" so to speak, of looking awesome in my gown.  Keep up the awesome work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that is awesome and i looooove your dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards