Honeymoon Discussions

Punta Cana

Hi All!

We are booking our honeymoon tonight, finally. We will be leaving in late July after the wedding. To anyone who has done Punta Cana what have been your favorite things to do? Excursions? Things to avoid? Activities on the island? TIA!

Re: Punta Cana

• punta cana doesn't have much around it. snorkeling, nature park etc.. but really nothing.

it's not known as a place to leave the resort. which is unfortunate-i found the people to be lovely. as far as activities on the island are you looking for something jsut in DR or in Haiti too? i'm sure you could find some humanitarian volunteer build thing in haiti as they're still recovering from the earthquake but im not sure what you're looking for.

• We did a dune buggy tour/excursion.  It was one of our favorite honeymoon activities, but we got VERY dirty.  Only wear clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting super dirty.  We just booked it through our tour guide at our hotel.  We also had a tour booked through Punta Cana Mike, but it was cancelled because of the weather (approaching hurricane).  He has super good reviews online -- if you Google it, you'll find his website.
  • We did a catamaran day cruise from Cap Cana.  It included snorkeling, a floating bar (very cool), and lunch at the marina, as well as the afternoon at a private [most beautiful EVER] beach.  That was the only time we left the resort, but I've heard good things about the dune buggy tours if you're into that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards