Florida-North Florida

Has anyone priced wedding cakes from Publix?

Or are you aware of bakeries locally that are reasonable and budget friendly?

Thank you!

Re: Has anyone priced wedding cakes from Publix?

• http://www.publix.com/food/catalog/Bakery/WeddingSpecialOccasion/Wedding/Home.do

Try that link, otherwise you may want to go into the nearest Publix and talk to someone in the bakery about rates. Welcome to The Knot and congratulations. :)
  • Angies Cakes...delicious and they were the most affordable for me.
  • Plain cakes from Publix in my area run around $200-$400, I encourage brides to do that and add there own flowers or embellishments. My son is getting maried in November and I am hoping his beautiful bride will save the $$$$ and spend it elsewhere, buy the yummy Publix cake and add her own flowers; she is incredibly talented anyway! My question is about flowers.... Looking for a reasonable person for flowers!!!!!!
  • Irma Kay Strickler for cakes....She is just outside of Saint Augustine. Our wedding is not until June but we did a cake tasting and it was great. She is a sweet older lady who runs her business out of her home due to her husbands health. She definitely has 3 binders of cakes to choose from she can do a nice looking buttercream frosting and is a delight to work with. Her prices are super reasonable.

For flowers I am going with Flower Works. David is awesome to work with and I got a reasonable price. I really liked their work and examples. Flowers by Shirley was also reasonably priced I just didn't like their work as much. Flower pricing of course has a lot to do with the flowers you choose and the season you are having it etc. Flower Works was really willing to work with me and my budget.

Hope this helps ladies! Do any of you know a reasonably priced DJ and/or photographer?
  • Hi, I just checked some cake prices at Publix today. 3 tier cake to feed 50-75 people cost 250.00 and a 3 tier cake to feed 60 people costs 190.00. 30.00 delivery fee if you want it delivered.  Hope this helps and good luck!                          n Response to <a href="http://staugustine.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_has-anyone-priced-wedding-cakes-from-publix?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:a648a368-96d2-4270-9a1e-e30c8f652c4cPost:24acb661-3a93-4b47-b71e-45bf8133ef4b">Has anyone priced wedding cakes from Publix?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or are you aware of bakeries locally that are reasonable and budget friendly? Thank you!
    Posted by MrsAndersenToBe2013[/QUOTE]
  • I second Irma Kay stickler too! She is doing my daughters cake in June also.....she did my older daughters several years ago...very reasonable prices, much more than public, but she is a purest with pound cakes and varied fillings....but oh so yummy. Much better prices than publix Bev
  • Can someone give me the number or website for wedding cakes from Irma Kay Strickler. i see all these great reviews and would love to meet with her about my wedding cake. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards