Texas-Houston

No inner envelope addressing

Hello - hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I'm not doing inner envelopes and have a couple instances where I'm not sure how to properly address.  How do I address the "and guest" part when I don't know their guest?  Do I put Mr. XX and Guest?  Or just Mr. XX and they'll figure it out.

Thanks!

Re: No inner envelope addressing

• edited December 2011
    I'm not doing inner envelopes either, I figure it saves paper and I'm doing DIY invitations either way.  But I think you do address it as XX and guest.
    TTC #1 since 11/2010
    Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
    DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
    Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
    Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
    Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    and guest or if you rsvp has a place t put how many seats are reserved you can just do the number 2 and they can figure it out....

this also helps people from bringing uninvited people haha
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't do inner envelopes and I wrote out exactly who was invited on the outer envelope.  If I knew their names, I wrote their names.  If I didn't, I just put and guest.  I even included the names of a couple's children (unless they had 5 kids, and then I just put "and family"), just so there is no issue on who is invited.

It helps on people bringing uninvited guests, but you will still get some of those.  I've had about 5 people assume they can just a bring a date and we've had to tell them no. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards