Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas Newbie!

Help!  I am frantically searching for a good hair and makeup artist in Vegas, one that won't break the bank for my bridal party. Any suggestions?

Also- any recommendations for a low-key place to eat dinner on the night of the wedding? We are doing a reception at home, but want a chill dinner that night in Vegas. Our guests range from ages 21-80, so I want something that isn't boring but not too crazy for Grandma either!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Vegas Newbie!

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! 

I highly recommend Francesca Lombardo, www.bobbiepinbeauty.com for hair & makeup.  I've had a trial with her and she's awesome.  She gave me a great rate for me, my bridal party (4 ladies) and my mom.

Do you want to stay on the strip for your dinner?  One of my favorite restaurants is Firefly, http://fireflylv.com/. I think they're up to three locations now and one is in on Fremont Street in the Plaza.  We went there for my mom's birthday - ages of ladies ranged from 32 - mid 60's & everyone had a great time.  Plus the Fremont Street experience is always a fun time!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

I used Francesca Lombardo for my hair and makeup.. she does amazing work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp with Francesca...we booked her for our myself, bridal party and moms...shes been great so far..

as far as dinner....ditto pp with firefly..also you could look at yolos, mix, trevi, and maggianos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your advice! I'll definitely be checking Francesca Lombardo out, and I have already contacted some of the restaurants for pricing! I really appreciate the help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Lori White do my hair and makeup. She's affordable, includes a trial and is great!

Her email: lala@altf.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Melissa Ferreira. I checked into Francessca Lombardo and Amelia-C (both recommended on this board) but they were both booked. Melissa was recommended to me by Amelia-C and her gallery looks like she does great work. Here is a link to her wbsite.
    http://www.ferreiramakeupandhair.com/

I ditto the other girls on Firefly, but their Freemont location is actually closing temporarily while the Plaza hotel is being rennovated. I believe from January to late summer they will be closed. I am having my reception there and they said they would honor my event since we had a contract but I don't know if they will take new events for that location. If they do I recommend checking them out. Good atmosphere for all ages, neat view of Freemont, and reasonable prices!

Good luck planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI, just wanted to welcome you to the board ^_^
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards