African American Weddings

Where Are You Registered?

I am trying to start a registry online at a few places, and I'm surprised at how frustrating it is.  I love to shop, so this is really coming as a shock to me.  We just bought a house two years ago so we really need to register at Lowe's or Home Depot, but they don't have gift registries, can you believe it?  I would also like to register at IKEA, but again no registry.  I began registering at Belk's (a department store here) until I realized that Dillard's has moe items that I like (I should've shopped online before starting a registry).  We are also registered at Target, and I considered registering at Crate and Barrel.  I really don't want to register at more than one store.  How many stores are you ladies registered at and what stores are you registered at?  TIA.

Re: Where Are You Registered?

• tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh!  Soon after posting this I learned of a site called Myregistry.com.  Have any of you heard of it?  Have  any of you created a registry on this site?
  • edited December 2011
    We are registered @ Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. I have not heard of myregistry site.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Apparently, Myregistry.com is kinda like a one stop shop registry.  You can register on this site and select items from different stores, even stores that don't have an online registry.  Here is a link:  http://www.myregistry.com/ I'm considering it, but would feel more comfortable if I knew of someone that has actually registered there and has success stories.

• edited December 2011
    I have never tried Myregistry but I've been on the site before. We're not doing the traditional registry because we don't need more stuff. We chose to do honeymoon wishes so ppl can donate money.  I know some ppl will stil bring up "stuff"
  • edited December 2011
    I did 3 - JC Penney, Target & Bed, Bath & Beyond. We picked stores based on the stores in areas where our guests are coming from.

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    We only registered at 1 place, Macys. 
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan to register at two stores. 

Bed Bath & Beyond.... and one more. We're thinking Crate & Barrel but are also considering Target for our second.

I've never heard of myregistry.com, but if your guests are generally internet savvy it doesn't seem like a bad idea. 
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are registered at Macys and JcPenny. I may do Bed Bath and Beyond.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Never heard of that registry either. We registered at Macy's...so far.
    Next month we will register in the UK.
    We are also thinking about doing a registry at Amazon.com but haven't decided yet
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of MyRegistry.  I registered at Macy's, and Crate and Barrel --- but just a few things at each place.  I'm using the registry for the bridal shower only (I know, good luck with that one, right?).  We're doing a card box/wishing well for the wedding.  Sine we each own a home, we really don't need much.
  • edited December 2011

Since we have been married for such a long time, we are not doing a traditional gift registry.  We are giving our guests the option to donate to one of our favorite charity or buy us a gift/service on our honeymoon registry.

• edited December 2011
    we are registered at bed  bath and beyond and liberty travel for our honeymoon. ive never heard of myregistry, but it sounds neat.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011

We registered at Dillard's and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

If you really want items from a place that doesn't have registry i.e. IKEA, suggests gift cards from that place to your guests or on your wedding website. I have a friend who did this for Home Depot since they were trying to buy appliances for their new home.

• edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Crate and Barrel
    Lovin Kimmie
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's, BBB & Target.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't registred yet....but is considering Bed, Bath and Beyond/or JC Penny, Target, and Dillards/or Macy's.  My choices will be based on the area of stores within my guest region.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info ladies.  I think we're going to register at Target, Crate and Barrel, and Dillard's.  You can make purchases online at all three stores.  I also like the suggestion to ask for gift cards.  Thanks.  Oh!  And I did not consider registering at Amazon.  What a great suggestion.  Thanks again ladies.
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Target, Wal-Mart and we tried Best Buy but they didn't have a registry. Wish I had known about MyRegistry because we really wanted to register at Best Buy.
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're registered at Macy's, B^3, and Target.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Bed, Bath and Beyond. We shopped in-store and got help. The bridal planner was fabulous!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards