New York-Upstate

Fingerlakes/upstate NY venues

I am in the very very beginning stages of planning a wedding, and I am looking for suggestions as to a venue.  I would love to have a beautiful outdoor wedding, preferably somewhere near a lake.  Im looking to have both the ceremony and reception in the same place.

I have been looking up places non-stop, however suggestions-reviews-whatever you've got would be so greatly appreciated!

Re: Fingerlakes/upstate NY venues

• edited December 2011
    Belhurst Castle, Geneva Inn on the Lake, Heron Hill Winery, Esperanza Mansion, Bristol Harbor.
    They are all great places!
  • edited December 2011
    The Emerson Park in Auburn NY is soo pretty. They book up very fast however. That is where I am having mine, its right on the lake
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Fontainebleau Inn near Ithaca. Many of the wineries also have great lake views as pp mentioned.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Watkins Glen state park... it is close to seneca lake and the park itself is beautiful!  And very very affordable!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Belhurst Castle

We looked into Esperanza Mansion, Glenora Wine Cellars, Geneva on the Lake, Glen Iris Inn...
  • edited December 2011
    Ventosa vineyards in Geneva is GORGEOUS.  It's on the pricey side, as everything is a-la-cart, but it is so beautiful
  • CColombo85CColombo85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Belhurst is beautifu. and right on the lake.  We LOVED Bristol Harbor.  It has an amazing long view of Canandaigua lake. It would be a bit far for people to travel. Kind of in the middle of nowhere. But we are getting married at Sonnenberg Masion & Gardens.  It's the perfect outdoor wedding location!  And it's close to the lake, if you want to do pictures there.  It's in Canandaigua. Do a google search!
  • saswartleysaswartley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Emerson Park in Auburn.  When looking at wineries I would suggest you look into Wagner, Goose Watch, and Glenora.  Canadaigua Inn on the Lake is also really nice.  I have been to a few weddings at Belhurst and honestly was not overly impressed with their food, and was turned off by the number of random people standing around watching the wedding as it was held outdoors.  This could end up happening at any of these locations though.  I am hoping this doesn't happen to us at Emerson Park.  We rented the entire pavillion so we could have some privacy.
  • edited December 2011
    "The Silver Lining" I saw that you are getting married at Watkins Glen State Park. We just got engaged last month and are in the early stages of planning our wedding. We went camping at WG for our one year anniversary and would love to check out getting married there. Who did you actually contact for details? Where are you having the ceremony? Would love to hear more about it. Totally new to this and feeling slightly overwhelmed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards