Pre-wedding Parties

mother of the bride question

i lost custody of my daughter when she was young. i want to give her a bridal shower...i have tons of friends but they dont know my daughter and may not think to give her a shower. what are your thpughts? im so excited for my daughter and want to play a regular paart in her wedding.

Re: mother of the bride question

• Are your friends invited to the wedding?  If not, they should not be invited to any pre-wedding parties.  That is a huge etiquette no-no.

If I were a bride, I would not be very comfortable in a room of strangers giving me gifts.
  • im going to give her a tea, no gifts, with my closest friends. she's met them all she just didnt grow up here. they all helped me with the struggles of her growimg up somewhere else. i dont care about gifts, she will get plenty, but i do want to celebrate with her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_mother-of-bride-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:1d42d886-029b-4165-bb2d-a9eac0c1ea6aPost:dc9ca2f1-199b-4717-aca2-6a44f3ee5d12">Re: mother of the bride question</a>:
    [QUOTE]i<strong>m going to give her a tea, no gifts</strong>, with my closest friends. she's met them all she just didnt grow up here. they all helped me with the struggles of her growimg up somewhere else. i dont care about gifts, she will get plenty, but i do want to celebrate with her.
    Posted by Queencorkle[/QUOTE]

When sending the invitations be sure to leave out the word "shower".  If you call this a shower then it is implied that guests are to give gifts.  However, I think guests might feel inclined to bring a gift anyway.  I think if I were invited to such a celebration, I would be confused as to whether I should bring a gift or not.  In the end, I'd probably bring one to play it safe.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • thanks! thats what i want for her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards