Military Brides

Any one need or want a dress?

Hi ladies,

I'm not a military wife but pretty much all of the men in family has served, including a good friend of mine like a little brother to me is in Iraq right now.

So here is the odd idea. I founda  dress that I liked but then I found a dress that I love, I'm going to order it today but I haven't found a buyer for the first dress. We are planning on donating my dress to use it as a tax deduct to recoup my cost. I thought since many military brides are on a tight budget I would offer it here first.

Its david bridal, strapless ivory dress, size 10 P. II'm a street size 6/8 it claims to be a petite but I'm 5'3" and with 4 inch heels it could still use some trimming.

Here is a link to it
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Pick-up-With-Beaded-Lace-Peek-a-Boo-Neckline-WG9828_Bridal-Gowns-Features-All-Gowns

It is beautiful on, it makes the tummy look really flat, and flatters the figure!

Its free to a military bride, all you pay is shipping - you can pick how you want to get it.

I'm in Western NY .. let me know

Re: Any one need or want a dress?

• edited December 2011
    That's incredibly generous of you!  I'm sure there will be a bride that is interested.  I'm pretty sure you couldn't use it as a tax deduction, but it would be for a great cause with the right couple.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm interested. Could you email me? shell(dot)lynn(dot)09(at)gmail(dot)com
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted yesterday on my banned screen name, so sorry that it says 3 posts and only shows 2!

I said that it's admirable what you're doing, and I'm sure a lot of brides will be grateful.  You're not going to be able to do a tax deduction this way, but it's a really great way to give back in thanks to our military and their soon-to-be-'dependents'.  Thank you for your generosity!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    calindi is right. I think it's absolutely amazing. :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies.

My grandfathers served in WWII, and the Koren war, my father was a Navy pilot in Vietnam, and a very dear friend of mine will be getting home/to base from Iraq 3 weeks before my wedding. None of us from college have seen him in 2 yrs, and he is making the trip north to come to my wedding and I can't wait! Lets just say it is my way of paying it forward ...
  • kaitlyn20kaitlyn20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats a beautiful dress
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards